Temporary ordination in Thailand

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
dhammarelax

Temporary ordination in Thailand

Post by dhammarelax » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:59 pm

Dear friends I will be visiting Thailand soon and I want to ordain for 7 days can anyone suggest a "fast and easy" way to do this? I dont have more time.
Even if the flesh & blood in my body dry up, leaving just the skin, tendons, & bones, I will use all my human firmness, human persistence and human striving. There will be no relaxing my persistence until I am the first of my generation to attain full awakening in this lifetime. ed. AN 2.5

Phena

Re: Temporary ordination in Thailand

Post by Phena » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:30 am

dhammarelax wrote:Dear friends I will be visiting Thailand soon and I want to ordain for 7 days can anyone suggest a "fast and easy" way to do this? I dont have more time.
Or is it that you need to ordain within seven days :o

Here is a thread from Dhamma Wheel that might be OK to get started http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3014 although I'm sure someone will have some more up to date info for you.

I hope it all works out dhammarelax :twothumbsup:

Ven.ClydeJarudhammo

Post by Ven.ClydeJarudhammo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:22 pm

Wat Sriboonruang in Fang, Chiang Mai, Thailand will do short term novice ordinations. www.vipassanameditation.asia :buddha1:

Ed.Pytel

Post by Ed.Pytel » Sat May 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Hi Ven. Clyde,
I've been practicing as a householder for 14 years or so, done some retreats, have regular practice, and i'm married and have 2 young teen kids...
I'm writing to you since i have a 13 y/o son and I'm aware of the temporary ordination cultural practice for boys as a rite of passage and formation for lifelong mindfulness. If i were to accompany my son to your center and get him settled for say a week or so, would it be possible for him to temp ordain there for 1-2 months or at some other center where boys temp ordain?
Thank you!
Ed Pytel
Sonoma County, California, USA

Dhammanando

Post by Dhammanando » Sun May 28, 2017 6:24 am

Ed.Pytel wrote:Hi Ven. Clyde,
As Ven. Clyde hasn't logged in for a couple of months it might be better to contact him via his Facebook page.

https://web.facebook.com/clyde.brannan
“Keep to your own pastures, bhikkhus, walk in the haunts where your fathers roamed.
If ye thus walk in them, Māra will find no lodgement, Māra will find no foothold.”
— Cakkavattisīhanāda Sutta