Your message contains too few characters.

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
Hanzze

Your message contains too few characters.

Post by Hanzze »

Sorry for questioning, I get always this massage when I like to post: "Your message contains too few characters."
Could it be up to my PC or is it a character problem? :-) I know I have less *just kidding*
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
retrofuturist

Re: Your message contains too few characters.

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Hanzze,

That happened to me once.

I suspect it was a temporary server issue where the database recognised that you wanted to make a post, but so slowly that it had timed out before receiving the actual text.

Do you have a slow internet connection?

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

What we need is a message “Your post contains too many characters.”
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:What we need is a message “Your post contains too many characters.”
We certainly have a lot of characters on this forum.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

tiltbillings wrote:
Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:What we need is a message “Your post contains too many characters.”
:hug: wouldn't it boring otherwise (was it your 6666's post?)
:heart:

Thanks for your hints! Its maybe caused by the slow internet, I was wondering because it was only in some forums here.
I will try again :-)

... no, still the same problem if I try to post in "The obligatory Dhamma themed movie thread"
Last edited by Hanzze on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
Spiny O'Norman

Post by Spiny O'Norman »

tiltbillings wrote:
:clap:
That cheered me up. :twothumbsup:

Spiny
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

got it! Sorry for taking your time.

It was the space between the link and the . d_. that had caused this message.

So at the end a mad character problem :-) to lazy to try everything first by my self. Ohh this worldly life... :smile:

THANKS!
Just that! *smile*

Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

tiltbillings wrote:
:D
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

_/\_
Last edited by Hanzze on Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just that! *smile*

Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Not much 'help' from my side, I'm afraid! But it was a funny thread. :heart:

Reminded me of the times when Dhammawheel kicked me out as soon as I logged in after getting a new computer....... :lol:
Bonsai Doug

Post by Bonsai Doug »

Hanzze wrote:Sorry for questioning, I get always this massage when I like to post: "Your message contains too few characters."
Could it be up to my PC or is it a character problem? :-) I know I have less *just kidding*
The message is genuine. I run a couple of forums, and there is a setting in the forum software where a minimum of characters (letters &/or numbers) can be set by the forum Admin.

It's mainly to keep folk from replying to long posts by saying things like "OK" or "me too." Generally the setting is set for 3, 4, or 5 characters to constitute a valid reply.

Hope this helps.
Now having obtained a precious human body,
I do not have the luxury of remaining on a distracted path.

~ Tibetan Book of the Dead