Wat Ambhavan contact information

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Darren_86

Wat Ambhavan contact information

Post by Darren_86 »

Dear all,

I'm planning to go to Wat Ambhavan, Thailand next month (August 2010). However, the usual website that host its information such as phone and address are no longer available.

Do anyone of you have this information or who i can get into contact with? Would appreciate further suggestion and advices on this. Would only be going for 3 days 2 night to Thailand, from Malaysia.

Sadhu x 3

Darren
appicchato

Re: Wat Ambhavan contact information

Post by appicchato »

Hi Darren,

I tried to find something as well, but no luck...don't know why you want to contact them but just wanted to say that contacting to 'stay' there isn't really necessary...just show up...with the rare exception communicating with wats via any method other than face to face is hit and miss at best, and not to be counted on...in any event good luck...
J_W

Post by J_W »

Does anyone have a link about the meditation practises at Wat Ambhavan? Can westerners ordain there?

Thanks,

Jeff
salmon

Post by salmon »

Meditation method : http://www.watmahamuneetx.com/AdvantagesChanting.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Youtube of LP Jarun teaching : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQgJU8Yb ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unfortunately the video is in Thai :(

Wat Ambhavan does not accept non Thai speaking males for ordination.

As for the meditation centre (which is in the same compound), all nationalities are accepted. However, they do not have many (if any) English speaking people to guide you there. Most foreigners are just given a "guide book" to read and left to their own devices. There are fixed meditation and meal times, however. But don't expect to be babysitted!
~ swimming upstream is tough work! ~
J_W

Post by J_W »

Thanks Salmon, that is very helpful :thumbsup:

Jeff
Darren_86

Post by Darren_86 »

Salmon,

Thanks a lot for the very informative information.

Regards,

Darren
Seca

Post by Seca »

Hello

I am now in She Oo Minh Meditationcenter in Myanmar and want to continue Satthipathana in Tahiland. Ambhavan sounds interesting. But i want to stay open end and longer time than just 4 weeks, maybe a few months. It that possible there?
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Seca,
Seca wrote:Hello

I am now in She Oo Minh Meditationcenter in Myanmar and want to continue Satthipathana in Tahiland. Ambhavan sounds interesting. But i want to stay open end and longer time than just 4 weeks, maybe a few months. It that possible there?
I suggest you make enquiries at the Embassy of Thailand with regards to obtaining a religious visa. The embassy officials should be able to assist you with what you need. Having gone through the process of attempting to get a religious visa to Myanmar, I can tell you that there is some paper-work involved and processing takes some time.
All the best with your plans.
kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
elcfa

Post by elcfa »

Depending on what passport you hold, you can until March 31, 2011 get free tourist visa for more than the standard 30 day stay.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/343 ... -one-year/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If that fails, you can always do the well-known "visa run" to neighboring countries. For Wat Ambhavan in Singburi, it may be Laos or Cambodia.