Path of Purification Back to Press

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
bodom

Post by bodom »

This summer Pariyatti will reprint The Path of Purification, Bhikkhu Ñānamoli’s translation of the Pali-language Visuddhimagga.

http://www.pariyatti.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Ben

Re: Path of Purification Back to Press

Post by Ben »

Hi Bodom

My understanding is that Pariyatti had already published a soft-back edition of Vism some years ago. I remember seeing it after I bought one of the last copies of the BPS hard-cover 5th edition. I am surprised it has gone out of print in the interim.
kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

bodom wrote:Path of Purification Back to Press

This summer Pariyatti will reprint The Path of Purification, Bhikkhu Ñānamoli’s translation of the Pali-language Visuddhimagga.

http://www.pariyatti.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is this just a reprinting, is it the new typesetting mentioned here?

http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.ph ... =20#p32156" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nyanatusita wrote: ... I have been a member of this forum from the start, but because of many other duties with respect to the Buddhist Publication Society (BPS), of which I am the English editor, etc, I have little time and had not noticed this thread.

As regards the question why the Path of Purification is not put online for free: It will be put online as a PDF for free on the BPS website and the Access to Insight website. Hopefully somewhere next year when the newly typeset and slightly revised printed edition will be put out. ...
Mike
bodom

Post by bodom »

Hi Ben, Hi Mike,

That the book is being reprinted is the only information that has been released so far. No details have been given. I hope to hear more soon and will post when new information becomes available.

Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
jcsuperstar

Post by jcsuperstar »

what i want is The Path of Freedom: Vimuttimagga when's that coming around again....
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
bodom

Post by bodom »

jcsuperstar wrote:what i want is The Path of Freedom: Vimuttimagga when's that coming around again....
That would be nice wouldn't it? Theres a few books I have on backorder along with this one im waiting to be reprinted .

- BB