Who are we?...

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
appicchato

Who are we?...

Post by appicchato »

I found some of the comments more interesting than the ariticle... :coffee:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-la ... 51719.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cooran

Re: Who are we?...

Post by cooran »

very interesting Bhante ~ Having a look at his other articles, I wonder if someone should introduce Robert Lanza to Buddhism? Not too impressed with the level of the readers' comments though.

with metta and respect,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Wind

Re: Who are we?...

Post by Wind »

cooran wrote:very interesting Bhante ~ Having a look at his other articles, I wonder if someone should introduce Robert Lanza to Buddhism? Not too impressed with the level of the readers' comments though.

with metta and respect,
Chris
I read his book Biocentrism. His understanding of Buddhism is very limited. He tends to group Buddhism and Hinduism together in his book as simply Eastern Religion. He draws on some aspects from both to answer life mysteries but nothing concrete that shows he has any deep understanding of Buddhism. It's too bad, I think had he spend more time understanding Buddhism he would be very satisfy with the answers it provides.