I just found out were getting laid off in two months

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
bodom

I just found out were getting laid off in two months

Post by bodom »

Sad but true. This job was the only job i have ever had where i actually looked forward to coming to work. Atleast we got a two month notice. My girls 5 months pregnant and now we both have start all over as she works here too. Its a pretty scary time.

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Nicholas Weeks

Re: I just found out were getting laid off in two months

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Perhaps you boss is heartless, but go directly to him and explain my wife is expecting our first child, so at least keep me on, please.
Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.
bodom

Post by bodom »

Will wrote:Perhaps you boss is heartless, but go directly to him and explain my wife is expecting our first child, so at least keep me on, please.
Well its the whole company that is going under. Its not just specific people getting axed. Everyone is getting axed. Everyone is sitting here in the office talking about what all of us are going to do. Its pretty surreal right now.

Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Damn, that is hard. :console:
Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.
genkaku

Post by genkaku »

Ouch.

Breathe carefully.

bodom

Post by bodom »

Thanks.

- BB
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

:group:

hope everything works out
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
bodom

Post by bodom »

Manapa wrote::group:

Makes trivial arguments about football seem so insignificant in so many ways right about now. There are so many more important things in life. Thanks Manapa.

- BB
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Was football ever significant :hug:
bodom_bad_boy wrote:

Makes football seem so insignificant in so many ways right about now. There are so many more important things in life. Thanks Manapa.

Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Sorry to hear your news, hope things get better. At least there is impermenance so the difficult situation wont last forever :smile:

Metta
Craig

“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
bodom

Post by bodom »

Manapa wrote:Was football ever significant :hug:
bodom_bad_boy wrote:

Makes football seem so insignificant in so many ways right about now. There are so many more important things in life. Thanks Manapa.

No your right it wasnt. :P

- BB
bodom

Post by bodom »

clw_uk wrote:Sorry to hear your news, hope things get better. At least there is impermenance so the difficult situation wont last forever :smile:

Metta
Craig

Yep you are absolutely right clw_uk. Thanks.

- BB
Placid-pool

Post by Placid-pool »

May be impermanent but feels bloody rotten at the time - I have been there.

I will be thinking of you and you will be in my prayers (well, call it lighting a candle and thinking of you all) .... postives coming over in massive waves dear friend. :hug:
bodom

Post by bodom »

Placid-pool wrote:May be impermanent but feels bloody rotten at the time - I have been there.

I will be thinking of you and you will be in my prayers (well, call it lighting a candle and thinking of you all) .... postives coming over in massive waves dear friend. :hug:
Thank you so much! Your very sweet. Thank you again.

- BB
Placid-pool

Post by Placid-pool »

Ah no - heck - I got called into the boss's office two weeks before Christmas and told that the business was closing down, we could continue with another employer but we had to go self-employed (with all the risks that involves) and we had only a week to decide ... and find out all the info we needed to do this enormous step.

I can feel for you my friend and I wasn't supporting a pregnant partner ...in the end MY partner ended up sneaking in on my coat tails and working with the new employer who didn't know that he didn't work with me before ... gets like a comedy series but that is my life. :jumping:

I hope you both find mutual support and laugh together because this is the kind of thing that shows the strengths and weaknesses of a partnership - wishing you lots of laughs ... if you can laugh at a situation it is much less scary ... OK, give you a jumping off point - tell your partner that if things get really bad, you can go and live in a caravan, in a barn, in a tiny village in France because PP will put us up, and make cake - that should make you laugh!