Different football codes - who are the toughest?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
bodom

Different football codes - who are the toughest?

Post by bodom »

jcsuperstar wrote:hmmm i didnt know that, or remember that, about the balls... interesting.. i guess it wouldnt have matterd much to me as im not a fan of any sort of sport, so if i had learned that it woulda just be like; oh yeah, not gonna have to worry about that one...
Man i couldnt imaginge life without football. And i mean real football not soccer or rugby. NFL football. Go Raiders!!!

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Cittasanto

Re: Watching movies if you are a monk

Post by Cittasanto »

bodom_bad_boy wrote:
jcsuperstar wrote:hmmm i didnt know that, or remember that, about the balls... interesting.. i guess it wouldnt have matterd much to me as im not a fan of any sort of sport, so if i had learned that it woulda just be like; oh yeah, not gonna have to worry about that one...
Man i couldnt imaginge life without football. And i mean real football not soccer or rugby. NFL football. Go Raiders!!!

Soccer is an abbreviated form of association not a sport itself
Rugby is not football, but has had football in its name due to the foundation of both sports
NFL is not football as it has the use of hands
Football is Foot ball 22 men running after a sack full of air trying to kick it with their FEET
All games have there origin in private schools in England
ps NFL is Rugby for wimps :jumping: anyone scared to scrape their knee gets bubble rapped and sent to US (hence the emigration :lol: )

aren't I a git :twisted:
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
bodom

Post by bodom »

Yeah its tough but they dont hit as hard as The NFL. If the NFL played without pads people would be dying left and right. There are still people suffering life threatening injuries, and paralysis on a regular basis in the NFL. These types of things dont happen in rugby.

Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
bodom

Post by bodom »

Dead athletes' brains show damage from concussions

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/01/26/at ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- BB
bodom

Post by bodom »

I could post more than a few big time hits from the NFL on youtube that would make you cry. I wanna see some from rugby that match the hitting of the NFL.

- BB
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

bodom_bad_boy wrote:Yeah its tough but they dont hit as hard as The NFL. If the NFL played without pads people would be dying left and right. There are still people suffering life threatening injuries, and paralysis on a regular basis in the NFL. These types of things dont happen in rugby.

how much do you want to bet
there are constant calls for protection to be added to the kit, one player went to Switzerland to end his life due to being paralised in a training session http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/oct/1 ... witzerland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, I broke my leg, collar bone, and arm dislocating my wrist and shoulder playing rugby, one of my friends broke 3 of his ribs and another has pins in his leg and can't play again, common injuries are concussion and broken bones . players injure themselves all the time http://www.sportsinjurybulletin.com/archive/rugby.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=01IUnC4HV ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Cittasanto on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
bodom

Post by bodom »

Manapa wrote:
bodom_bad_boy wrote:Yeah its tough but they dont hit as hard as The NFL. If the NFL played without pads people would be dying left and right. There are still people suffering life threatening injuries, and paralysis on a regular basis in the NFL. These types of things dont happen in rugby.

how much do you want to bet
there are constant calls for protection to be added to the kit, one player went to Switzerland to end his life due to being paralised in a training session http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/oct/1 ... witzerland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, I broke my leg, collar bone, and arm dislocating my wrist and shoulder playing rugby, one of my friends broke 3 of his ribs and another has pins in his leg and can't play again, common injuries are concussion and broken bones . players injure themselves all the time http://www.sportsinjurybulletin.com/archive/rugby.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah they happen, just not as often as in the NFL.

- BB
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

bodom_bad_boy wrote: Yeah they happen, just not as often as in the NFL.
if you say so

John Stuart Mill
bodom

Post by bodom »

Manapa wrote:
bodom_bad_boy wrote: Yeah they happen, just not as often as in the NFL.
if you say so
Id like to see a rugby team and nfl team go head to head though. That would be a hell of hard hitting game! We'll call it a draw. There both tough as hell.

- BB
Element

Re: Different football codes - who are the toughest?

Post by Element »

NFL is clearly not the toughest. It is the fattest! Overweight wimps must wear helmets, shoulder pads and all sorts of protection to stop themselves from crying. Plus, they must take a rest every minute or so to catch their breath.

Rugby league is the toughest.

Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

league is the best union not so good

John Stuart Mill
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Rugby League has lots of physical contact and frequent low-grade injuries, but if you want increased prevalence of high-grade injuries, you want Australian Rules Football.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,

Rugby League has lots of physical contact and frequent low-grade injuries, but if you want increased prevalence of high-grade injuries, you want Australian Rules Football.

Metta,
Retro. :)
I have never seen it, but have heard of it, yes I forgot about that one :cry:
ok you win retro, :computerproblem: now I'm going to hide behind a bunch of burly men. :jedi:

John Stuart Mill
Dhammanando

Post by Dhammanando »

Manapa wrote:league is the best union not so good
Rugby union "not so good"?! Pfft. You wouldn't say that if you were old enough to remember Gareth Edwards. Watch him score the greatest try in the history of the universe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwCbG4I0 ... re=related

See also Jonah Lomu bulldozing through the Lion's defence at the 1995 world cup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvR8CsGcwyQ

And go wash your mouth out with soap. :jedi:
Yena yena hi maññanti,
tato taṃ hoti aññathā.

In whatever way they conceive it,
It turns out otherwise.
(Sn. 588)
jcsuperstar

Post by jcsuperstar »

this is the closest i get to any sort of football

สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat