The brain of the Albert Einstein

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Post Reply
form
Posts: 1310
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:23 am

The brain of the Albert Einstein

Post by form » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:25 am



Although no one have seen the brain of the Buddha, I think it will not be normal in certain aspects.

chownah
Posts: 8431
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: The brain of the Albert Einstein

Post by chownah » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:07 pm

Image
chownah

Dan74
Posts: 3176
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: The brain of the Albert Einstein

Post by Dan74 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:27 pm

This is almost entirely false and completely misleading. This article from Forbes provides better info:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2016 ... 47878d39a4

TBH, I find these personality cult musings to be quite distasteful. It was not the special brain that made Einstein one of the greatest physicists ever. It was his passion and dedication. The brain is a tool, most of us have pretty good tools, but for various reasons we don't put them to good uses.

Let's strive more diligently.
_/|\_

form
Posts: 1310
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:23 am

Re: The brain of the Albert Einstein

Post by form » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:27 am

I understand that those with no biological science background or interest may not like this topic.

If u have watched the video, you will see scientists pointing out the difference in Einstein's brain and a normal brain. There are also scientists currently studying the physiological change with respect to the sutta contents.

https://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/aut ... el407.html

Shown at the last section at the bottom of the link.

chownah
Posts: 8431
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: The brain of the Albert Einstein

Post by chownah » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:19 am

form wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:27 am
I understand that those with no biological science background or interest may not like this topic.

If u have watched the video, you will see scientists pointing out the difference in Einstein's brain and a normal brain. There are also scientists currently studying the physiological change with respect to the sutta contents.

https://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/aut ... el407.html

Shown at the last section at the bottom of the link.
I looked quickly but couldn't find the section you refer to.....can you bring the first sentence of that section and then I can use google to find exactly what you are refering to.
chownah

binocular
Posts: 6855
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:13 pm

Re: The brain of the Albert Einstein

Post by binocular » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:37 pm

form wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:27 am
If u have watched the video, you will see scientists pointing out the difference in Einstein's brain and a normal brain.
So Einstein's brain was "abnormal"? What a compliment! What a qualification to strive for!
:toilet:
Every person we save is one less zombie to fight. -- World War Z

chownah
Posts: 8431
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: The brain of the Albert Einstein

Post by chownah » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:44 pm

binocular wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:37 pm
form wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:27 am
If u have watched the video, you will see scientists pointing out the difference in Einstein's brain and a normal brain.
So Einstein's brain was "abnormal"? What a compliment! What a qualification to strive for!
:toilet:
Can't resist:

chownah

sunnat
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:08 am

Re: The brain of the Albert Einstein

Post by sunnat » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:52 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/677048.stm

"Taxi drivers given brain scans by scientists at University College London had a larger hippocampus compared with other people. This is a part of the brain associated with navigation in birds and animals.

The scientists also found part of the hippocampus grew larger as the taxi drivers spent more time in the job.
I
"There seems to be a definite relationship between the navigating they do as a taxi driver and the brain changes," said Dr Eleanor Maguire, who led the research team."

confusedlayman
Posts: 447
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:16 am

Re: The brain of the Albert Einstein

Post by confusedlayman » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:27 pm

chownah wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:44 pm
binocular wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:37 pm
form wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:27 am
If u have watched the video, you will see scientists pointing out the difference in Einstein's brain and a normal brain.
So Einstein's brain was "abnormal"? What a compliment! What a qualification to strive for!
:toilet:
Can't resist:

chownah
Those who day dream a lot also have certain parts of brain large than normal people.. i guess
non-agitation is highest peace
living unaffected by other cause and condition to suffering is true bliss
not associating with stupid people is immediate peace
- CL (confused layman)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 103 guests