Off-topic posts from: enlightenment in theravada

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
cappuccino

Re: enlightenment in theravada

Post by cappuccino »

"Don't say that, friend Yamaka. Don't misrepresent the Blessed One. It's not good to misrepresent the Blessed One, for the Blessed One would not say, 'A monk with no more effluents, on the break-up of the body, is annihilated, perishes, & does not exist after death.'"

Yamaka Sutta
User1249x

Post by User1249x »

cappuccino wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:26 pm "Don't say that, friend Yamaka. Don't misrepresent the Blessed One. It's not good to misrepresent the Blessed One, for the Blessed One would not say, 'A monk with no more effluents, on the break-up of the body, is annihilated, perishes, & does not exist after death.'"

Yamaka Sutta
ye but i never said that so it is off-topic really. Either way since you are tanking when posed with legitimate questions i see no point in talking to you.
"Monks, it's through his way of participating in a discussion that a person can be known as fit to talk with or unfit to talk with. If a person, when asked a question, doesn't give a categorical answer to a question deserving a categorical answer, doesn't give an analytical (qualified) answer to a question deserving an analytical answer, doesn't give a counter-question to a question deserving a counter-question, doesn't put aside a question deserving to be put aside, then — that being the case — he is a person unfit to talk with.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Matthew 7:1-3
User1249x

Post by User1249x »

cappuccino wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:35 pm Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Matthew 7:1-3
Just following instructions friend.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

“Monks, where a Self or what belongs to Self are not pinned down as a truth or reality, then the view-position — ‘This cosmos is the self. After death this I will be constant, permanent, eternal, not subject to change. I will stay just like that for an eternity’ — Isn’t it utterly & completely a fool’s teaching?”

“What else could it be, lord? It’s utterly & completely a fool’s teaching.”

Alagaddupama Sutta (MN 22)
"not subject to change" is the err

"I will stay just like that" is the err