Need for privacy in restful garden

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
mario92

Need for privacy in restful garden

Post by mario92 »

:broke: Namasté i want to make my garden more private so i would been able to meditate and rest better without complications without people seeing me while doing it, i attach some photos, i don't know What kind of materials i can use, i have Been willing to do this for si much time ago, but i dont get support, in my location. It would be very useful.
Last edited by mario92 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mario92

Re: Nerd for privacy un restful garden

Post by mario92 »

image delete
Last edited by mario92 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mario92

Re: Need for privacy in restful garden

Post by mario92 »

image delete
Last edited by mario92 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

I can't see the image.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
mario92

Post by mario92 »

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vu1GT ... ktwvoIvh9q

i had attached the photos to googledrive
JamesTheGiant

Post by JamesTheGiant »

Use a bit of cloudy plastic sheet or polythene to cover the see-through bits. You know the stuff, like frosted glass, transmits light but you can't see through it. Like in your garage door glass. It's cheap stuff.
Just pin or staple it to the wood, or make a light frame of wood scraps.
denise

Post by denise »

a very nice fig tree in your yard.....it's a nice spot
mario92

Post by mario92 »

Hi thanks James, is a Nice idea.
hi thanks Denise i used to meditate there also sometimes i pickup fig fruits, i has read they are good for diabetes, colesterol, energy, triglicérids, and for losing weight.
Wizard in the Forest

Post by Wizard in the Forest »

I've been doing the exact same thing. A couple things you can do depends a little on the amount of privacy you want and the amount of space you have. For example where I live, I can plant flowering quince hedges (zones 4-8) and I have a crape myrtle tree. These are easy at keeping things private because they are dense, provide cover, and they are also beautiful. Some things that I'm also using is acrylic light panel covers where there may be holes in my constructed wall designs. Some things I noticed from your pictures is that your plants are very thin and don't have dense foliage. Perhaps that's what you need. Here's a few ideas of good cover you can get from simply choosing the right plants.

Some really great cover from both unwelcome sound and sights can come from
Flowering Quince (Zone 4-8)
Arborvitae (Zone 2-7)
Arrowwood Viburnum (Zone 3-8)
Spirea (Zone 5–9)
Shrub Rose (Zone 3-10)
Hydrangea (Zone 3-9)

To understand what I mean about Zones, here's the plant hardiness maps.

It helps you figure out what plants work best where you live. Aside from giving you a good idea of what grows best in your garden, it also helps determine how the hardiest choices for your garden plants in general instead of just going to the store and buying what you see. You can also clip off flowers for Buddha puja as well.
"One is not born a woman, but becomes one."- Simone de Beauvoir
mario92

Post by mario92 »

Thank you, for the advice of plants. Interesngtly my father had bought some cover plant for the floor but i dont know if it would work. I have some cissus in the other side but i will ask first before buying it. I am meditating very great there, it is very helpful, instead of being inside my house. The green pine is nice.
Wizard in the Forest

Post by Wizard in the Forest »

Thick plant cover does wonders for soundproofing and shielding an area from onlookers. The thicker the shrub/hedge the better. They work better than fences because they completely block sound that would be carried on the wind, and they often grow thicker with every pruning done right. Taking good care of your hedging is also good for your health and well being because it challenges you to go outside regularly and get good fresh air. Another thing you could do if you want some nice white noise is to build a small water garden with a fountain in a wooden barrel. Container water gardens allow you to get a chance to practice Kasina meditation as well as looking beautiful.
"One is not born a woman, but becomes one."- Simone de Beauvoir
mario92

Post by mario92 »

Thank you, maybe in the long term, i had seen very useful ways of build a home, making a wall of plants seems great, near where i live is a home with many trees in the line yard, which seems imposible to trepass, also i had seen today a house being built with recycled plastic bottles, and also there are in youtube some videos of how to build a house with some water https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn1DEeyqaT4 I think it is nice, im trying to get some apple sedds to became trees, i had gotten one to sprout. I want to have many fruit trees in thegarden. And then do something useful with the fruits, also if i can i will give them away to someone.