Transliterated Tipitaka

Exploring the Dhamma, as understood from the perspective of the ancient Pali commentaries.
theravada_guy

Transliterated Tipitaka

Post by theravada_guy »

Greetings all,

I found this link to the Tipitaka online that has transliterations in Roman, Devangari, Gujarathi, Tibetan and plenty of other languages. It's not much help for me, since I can't really understand what I'm reading, even the Roman. But, I thought it may be of help to some of you guys. So, here's the link:

http://www.tipitaka.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe this has already been posted. If so, I do apologize for a double post.
With mettā,

TG
Ben

Re: Transliterated Tipitaka

Post by Ben »

Hi TG
Yes, it has been posted before, but it is good to remind those who may have forgotten or for new members who might be looking for such a resource.
kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
gavesako

Post by gavesako »

Preparation to publish the Tipitaka with philosophers’ teachings for hotels all over the world.

18th – 19th December 2009, The Most Ven. Prof. Dr. Phra Dharmakosajarn - Royal Scholar, Rector of Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya, Ecclesiastical Regional Governor 2, Rector of International Association of Buddhist Universities (IABU), has attended the Committee for Publishing the First Universal Tripitaka at Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University, Tambol Lam Sai, Wang Noi, Ayutthaya.

The organising committee has agreed to abridge the Tipitaka scriptures and gather writing related to Buddhism into one easy-to-readandeasy-to-understand book. According to the agreement of International Council of United Nations Day of Vesak, the book of Tipitaka with philosophers’ teachings will be distributed to hotels all over the globe for free.

“The Committee for Publishing the First Universal Tripitaka is a project which helps to create a better understanding of the principles of Buddhism for the public. It reflects the cultural treasure of Theravada, Mahayana, and Vajrayana Buddhism and responds to a social need in order to equalise the importance of teaching of these three sects and gives the opportunity for hotel guests to have easy access to Dhamma,” said The Most Ven. Prof. Dr. Phra Dharmakosajarn.

http://www.icundv.com/vesak2010/node/6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bhikkhu Gavesako
Kiṃkusalagavesī anuttaraṃ santivarapadaṃ pariyesamāno... (MN 26)

Access to Insight - Theravada texts
Ancient Buddhist Texts - Translations and history of Pali texts
Dhammatalks.org - Sutta translations
Kare

Post by Kare »

theravada_guy wrote:Greetings all,

I found this link to the Tipitaka online that has transliterations in Roman, Devangari, Gujarathi, Tibetan and plenty of other languages. It's not much help for me, since I can't really understand what I'm reading, even the Roman. But, I thought it may be of help to some of you guys. So, here's the link:

http://www.tipitaka.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe this has already been posted. If so, I do apologize for a double post.
A reminder of this excellent resource is always useful. Let us give our deepest thanks to those people who help to make the Tipitaka available to us all, both on the site you mentioned, and as a CD!

:anjali:
Mettāya,
Kåre
Kare

Post by Kare »

gavesako wrote:Preparation to publish the Tipitaka with philosophers’ teachings for hotels all over the world.

18th – 19th December 2009, The Most Ven. Prof. Dr. Phra Dharmakosajarn - Royal Scholar, Rector of Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya, Ecclesiastical Regional Governor 2, Rector of International Association of Buddhist Universities (IABU), has attended the Committee for Publishing the First Universal Tripitaka at Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University, Tambol Lam Sai, Wang Noi, Ayutthaya.

The organising committee has agreed to abridge the Tipitaka scriptures and gather writing related to Buddhism into one easy-to-readandeasy-to-understand book. According to the agreement of International Council of United Nations Day of Vesak, the book of Tipitaka with philosophers’ teachings will be distributed to hotels all over the globe for free.

“The Committee for Publishing the First Universal Tripitaka is a project which helps to create a better understanding of the principles of Buddhism for the public. It reflects the cultural treasure of Theravada, Mahayana, and Vajrayana Buddhism and responds to a social need in order to equalise the importance of teaching of these three sects and gives the opportunity for hotel guests to have easy access to Dhamma,” said The Most Ven. Prof. Dr. Phra Dharmakosajarn.

http://www.icundv.com/vesak2010/node/6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In Norway we have already worked with such a project for a few years. This work has produced an anthology in Norwegian containing central texts from the Tipitaka. This anthology is being printed these days. It will be available in a couple of weeks.
Mettāya,
Kåre
gavesako

Post by gavesako »

Also see http://www.palicanon.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which makes English Sutta translations available for free.
Bhikkhu Gavesako
Kiṃkusalagavesī anuttaraṃ santivarapadaṃ pariyesamāno... (MN 26)

Access to Insight - Theravada texts
Ancient Buddhist Texts - Translations and history of Pali texts
Dhammatalks.org - Sutta translations