Next 24 hours are super important (huge tensions regarding Syria)

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
DooDoot

Re: Next 24 hours are super important (huge tensions regarding Syria)

Post by DooDoot » Sat May 26, 2018 1:45 pm

Bundokji wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 1:39 pm
Syria's Law Number 10 land grab could see millions lose homes as Government looks to redevelop amid conflict

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-01/s ... es/9713400
Australia's govt ABC has been a leading propagandist against the Syrian govt and thus a promoter of terrorism against the Syrian nation & people. Why would we believe anything the ABC publishes about Syria? They are posting pictures by White Helmets carrying babies, which is propaganda. White Helmets are M16 created Al Nusra. Regardless, even if the story was true, the ABC contributed to this situation. However, I personally doubt the story is true. Its probably just a story published by the rest of the mainstream media. :| In fact, the source of the story is a Neo-Con & Globalist: http://www.ecfr.eu/profile/C283/ from http://www.ecfr.eu/ established by George Soros.
ECFR is a private not-for-profit organisation that relies on donations. It was established with the support of Open Society Foundations [George Soros], Communitas Foundation and Fundación Para las Relaciones Internacionales y el Diálogo Exterior (FRIDE). Its partners and funders are foundations, corporations, governments and individuals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_ ... _and_Board
Western nations won't help pay Syria's $200 billion reconstruction bill until there's a change of power in Damascus.

If you believe the baby below was "saved" rather than "kidnapped" by the White Helmets then you would believe anything. :roll: :|

Bundokji

Post by Bundokji » Sat May 26, 2018 2:24 pm

DooDoot wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 1:45 pm

Australia's govt ABC has been a leading propagandist against the Syrian govt and thus a promoter of terrorism against the Syrian nation & people. Why would we believe anything the ABC publishes about Syria? They are posting pictures by White Helmets carrying babies, which is propaganda. White Helmets are M16 created Al Nusra. Regardless, even if the story was true, the ABC contributed to this situation. However, I personally doubt the story is true. Its probably just a story published by the rest of the mainstream media. :| In fact, the source of the story is a Neo-Con & Globalist: http://www.ecfr.eu/profile/C283/ from http://www.ecfr.eu/ established by George Soros.
Western nations won't help pay Syria's $200 billion reconstruction bill until there's a change of power in Damascus.

If you believe the baby below was "saved" rather than "kidnapped" by the White Helmets then you would believe anything. :roll: :|

I encountered info about this controversial law on a Pro-Assad Arabic website. The article mentioned that Jordan is investigating the controversial law and planning to oppose it at international courts claiming that its illegal. It is worth remembering that Jordan hosts more than a million Syrian refugees.

Here is a link for the Article in Arabic. You can use google translate if you want.

https://www.raialyoum.com/index.php/%d8 ... %b1%d8%af/

The owner of the website is Abdel Bari Atwan, well known for his support of Iran, Syria, North Korea and/or any country that stands against western imperialism (according to him)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdel_Bari_Atwan

As most of the forum members are English speakers, i had to find a source to share in English. The same was reported on Aljazeera by the way.
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.

Bundokji

Post by Bundokji » Sat May 26, 2018 2:29 pm

Here is the law in its original version on the Syrian government website

http://www.pministry.gov.sy/contents/13 ... D9%85-2012
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Sat May 26, 2018 10:14 pm

Bundokji wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:24 pm
I encountered info about this controversial law on a Pro-Assad Arabic website. The article mentioned that Jordan is investigating the controversial law and planning to oppose it at international courts claiming that its illegal. It is worth remembering that Jordan hosts more than a million Syrian refugees.
Jordan supported the Syrian hell, which started at Daraa on the Jordanian border. Jordan allowed US military to enter Syria via Jordan. Regardless, I think it is not our role to post negative information about speculative or possible Syrian domestic policy. Imo, we should not be interventionists. Non-Syrians should leave Syria alone. If there was a genuine civil war in Syria, I would not care. Syrians or any other (foolish) people can have a civil war if they (foolishly) wish to.

I recently met & spoke to a Syrian lady, who is an Alawite but a typical Westernized liberal. She said to me she did not like Assad due to typical liberal complaints, such as "lack of free speech", "lack of democracy", etc. But now she realises how the West destroyed Syria. She knows there was no civil war. She said: "our demonstrations in Damascus were never intended to become this war & international intervention". She understands how all of the complaining about relatively "small issues" was just used by the Western agenda to demonize, attack & literally destroy Syria. This is probably why Dhamma recommends responsible & careful speech. If we say: "I don't like the govt of North Korea" or "I don't like the govt of Iran", in certain circumstances, these personal voiced ideas can have deadly consequences for millions of people.

If Syria's Law Number 10 is used immorally by the Syrian govt, this is not related to our personal kamma. But if our complaining about Syria's Law Number 10 leads to a US-NATO-Israeli-Saudi invasion of Syria and another 'Libya', this is related to our personal kamma.

Regards.

Bundokji

Post by Bundokji » Sun May 27, 2018 6:08 am

DooDoot wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:14 pm
Jordan supported the Syrian hell, which started at Daraa on the Jordanian border. Jordan allowed US military to enter Syria via Jordan. Regardless, I think it is not our role to post negative information about speculative or possible Syrian domestic policy. Imo, we should not be interventionists. Non-Syrians should leave Syria alone. If there was a genuine civil war in Syria, I would not care. Syrians or any other (foolish) people can have a civil war if they (foolishly) wish to.

I recently met & spoke to a Syrian lady, who is an Alawite but a typical Westernized liberal. She said to me she did not like Assad due to typical liberal complaints, such as "lack of free speech", "lack of democracy", etc. But now she realises how the West destroyed Syria. She knows there was no civil war. She said: "our demonstrations in Damascus were never intended to become this war & international intervention". She understands how all of the complaining about relatively "small issues" was just used by the Western agenda to demonize, attack & literally destroy Syria. This is probably why Dhamma recommends responsible & careful speech. If we say: "I don't like the govt of North Korea" or "I don't like the govt of Iran", in certain circumstances, these personal voiced ideas can have deadly consequences for millions of people.

If Syria's Law Number 10 is used immorally by the Syrian govt, this is not related to our personal kamma. But if our complaining about Syria's Law Number 10 leads to a US-NATO-Israeli-Saudi invasion of Syria and another 'Libya', this is related to our personal kamma.

Regards.
I do not to take sides but try to look at the actions. If the law is used to confiscate lands and properties of absentees who are not able to provide evidence of their ownership within the short notice given by the Syrian government (30 days), this would make it more difficult for many refugees to return home.

Bashar Al Assad have been trying to open a new page with his people and to end the war since it began. I fail to see how introducing this law would help him achieve that.

While foreign interventionism caused a lot of misery in the Middle East, the foolish actions of Arab leaders can be seen as a contributing factor by giving them the tools/justifications. They should have learned something after all of this such as building a better relationship with their own people.