Yesterday Trump Called Latinos "Animals"

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Re: Yesterday Trump Called Latinos "Animals"

Post by retrofuturist » Sat May 19, 2018 1:04 am

Greetings Kamran,
Kamran wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 12:53 am
... this is a classic case of fascism.
This "Chicken Little" act didn't work in 2016, and it looks more ridiculous and more incongruous with every passing day.

If that's the best that Trump haters can muster in 2018, it's going to be a long 8 years.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Sat May 19, 2018 3:24 am

Greetings Kamran,

I see you added this to your above post...
Kamran wrote:
Your repeated branding of everyone as either for Trump or for the "open border glabalists" as if those were the only two options is also a fascist tactic.
It sounds like any perspective you do not like is to be labelled "fascist"? Hmmm... how "tolerant" of you?

:shrug:

Metta,
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

rightviewftw

Post by rightviewftw » Sat May 19, 2018 4:22 am

One to whom it might occur, 'I'm a woman' or 'I'm a man' Or 'I'm anything at all' — Is fit for Mara to address.
Idk what else to say, hope the good people on DW can transcend and take the Dhamma to heart.
The teachings of the Sakyan should unite us.

Kind of hard to believe that a Buddhist would call another Buddhist a faschist in all seriousness. We all accept the doctrine of no-self to our best ability, it ultimately transcends race equalitarianism, race realism and other race-isms.

Kamran

Post by Kamran » Sat May 19, 2018 4:41 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 3:24 am
Greetings Kamran,

I see you added this to your above post...
Kamran wrote:
Your repeated branding of everyone as either for Trump or for the "open border glabalists" as if those were the only two options is also a fascist tactic.
It sounds like any perspective you do not like is to be labelled "fascist"? Hmmm... how "tolerant" of you?

:shrug:

Metta,
Hi Paul,

Its dichotomous thinking.

I've noticed you brand everyone and everything into one of two categories:

1) Trump supporter or 2) open door globalist.

What term would you prefer for such irrational, simplistic nonsense ?

For your info, I don't hate Trump, and i am not an open door globalist...things aren't quite so simple as that :)
"Silence gives answers"

Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi

rightviewftw

Post by rightviewftw » Sat May 19, 2018 4:48 am

Kamran wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 4:41 am

For your info, I don't hate Trump, and i am not an open door globalist...things aren't quite so simple as that :)
Does seem like you are doing the same thing sometimes by splitting people into two camps
1) Trump hater
2) Faschist

Kamran

Post by Kamran » Sat May 19, 2018 5:07 am

rightviewftw wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 4:48 am
Kamran wrote:

Does seem like you are doing the same thing sometimes by splitting people into two camps
1) Trump hater
2) Faschist
I said fascist tactic. I'm describing an action. Not a person. 😊 perhaps "scumbag political tactic" would be a better term?
Last edited by Kamran on Sat May 19, 2018 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Silence gives answers"

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Sat May 19, 2018 5:10 am

Greetings Kamran,
Kamran wrote:

Where did I say there were only two worldviews, only two categories?

Or was that simply your projection? It seems you're quite adept at projection Kamran.

Metta,

rightviewftw

Post by rightviewftw » Sat May 19, 2018 5:30 am

Kamran wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 5:07 am
I said fascist tactic. I'm describing an action. Not a person. 😊 perhaps "scumbag political tactic" would be a better term?
i think you pinned it well as a oversimplified dichotomic non-sense. i don't think Paul has this sort of thinking tho, i am pretty sure he is a Buddhists.

Kamran

Post by Kamran » Sat May 19, 2018 5:40 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 5:10 am
Greetings Kamran,
Kamran wrote:

Where did I say there were only two worldviews, only two categories?

Or was that simply your projection? It seems you're quite adept at projection Kamran.

Metta,
Maybe you are right, Paul. Have a good weekend.
"Silence gives answers"

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Sat May 19, 2018 2:29 pm

lyndon taylor wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:37 pm
He didn't specify MS-13 members when he called some immigrants animals, that was added alter after the outrage.
You are right lyndon.

This article is worth a read - There Are Lives Being Ruined. There Are Things Breaking Beyond Repair.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a ... nd-repair/

It details ICE harassing a latino with daca status and claiming (without any evidence) that he was a gang member.
--
The thread of tweets linked to in the article are worth a read.

(Click on the image to read more)

Still some will always try to defend The extremist in chief and there really is much more than you can say than "Oh dear".

Sam Vara

Post by Sam Vara » Sat May 19, 2018 5:52 pm

Mr Man wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:11 pm
Sam Vara wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 11:30 am
Mr Man wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:18 am
So do you think The President should be calling gang members (if you don't consider gang members a demographic) animals?
I personally have no opinion on the matter.
Okay, thanks.
You've carelessly missed out a bit of my response. When asked "So do you think The President should be calling gang members...animals?" my response was a succinct but definite "No".

robertk

Post by robertk » Sat May 19, 2018 9:47 pm

18 May 20181,920
Glenn Beck, the staunch Never-Trump radio host and founder of The Blaze, announced on Friday that he is supporting President Donald Trump’s 2020 re-election bid.

TheBlaze

.@glennbeck has heard ENOUGH from the mainstream media.
It's time to acknowledge everything @realDonaldTrump has done for America.

Beck said his decision to finally support the President came after watching the “dishonest and corrupt” media mischaracterized Trump’s comments, in which he described MS-13 gang members as “animals,” on Thursday.

“Media, if you can get me, Glenn Beck, to do this,” he said, “If you can drive me to the point to where I say, ‘You know what, I’ve had enough; I’ll vote for him in 2020’– you’re making a gigantic mistake.”

During this monologue, Beck put a red “Make America Great Again” hat on his head and announced the symbolic act to his radio listeners.

Beck added he believes Trump will re-take the White House in 2020 in a “landslide.”

His comments came after years of staunch opposition to Trump, starting with the 2016 Republican primary. Beck made his first-ever primary endorsement during that race, backing Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) and speaking at several Cruz rallies. He appeared on CNN and labeled Trump a “dangerous man,” contributed to National Review‘s “Against Trump” special issue, and infamously stuck his face in a bowl of crushed Cheetos before Trump ultimately won the Republican nomination

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Sun May 20, 2018 5:50 am

Sam Vara wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 5:52 pm
Mr Man wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:11 pm
Sam Vara wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 11:30 am

I personally have no opinion on the matter.
Okay, thanks.
You've carelessly missed out a bit of my response. When asked "So do you think The President should be calling gang members...animals?" my response was a succinct but definite "No".
I didn't carelessly miss out I deliberately cut out what seemed irrelevant to the question and didn't seem to make much sense, to me.

I thought "I personally have no opinion on the matter." was the answer to my question.

Thanks for correcting me and for clarifying (to me) that the answer was actually "No".

binocular

Post by binocular » Sun May 20, 2018 9:27 am

Kamran wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 4:32 pm
There are no sub-humans. All human beings have the same rights.
Including Trump.

This is why this line of criticism of Trump fails.
Every person we save is one less zombie to fight. -- World War Z

binocular

Post by binocular » Sun May 20, 2018 9:32 am

Pseudobabble wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:10 pm
However, it is obvious that he means they are animals by virtue of their inhuman brutality.
If the gang members are human, then what they do cannot be "inhuman brutality". Then whatever they do is simply what humans do.

Kamran wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 1:09 am
But the vast majority of American youth, the next generation, are so ashamed and disgusted with not only Trump, but with what his Presidency says about American society.
The real problem is that people mostly have only vague, emotionally based ideas of morality that are rationally indefensible. Which is how people are generally impotent in the face of those they find immoral/amoral, and are able to oppose them with only more vague, emotionally based ideas of morality that are rationally indefensible, eventually leading to an eye-for-an-eye mentality in all involved.

Suits people right, because they were making fun of philosophy.
Every person we save is one less zombie to fight. -- World War Z