Armenian PM Sarkisian Resigns, Thousands Celebrate

If you wish to raise new topics on News, Current Events & Politics, please do so at Dhamma Wheel Engaged.
SDC

Re: Armenian PM Sarkisian Resigns, Thousands Celebrate

Post by SDC »

Mr Man wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:10 am DootDoot you wrote "from a Buddhist & humanitarian perceptive Putin's actions in Syria are good karma"

Putin's action's in Syria involves killing fellow humans.

Are you misrepresenting the Buddha's teaching when you say "from a Buddhist & humanitarian perceptive Putin's actions in Syria are good karma"?
It seems that ever since the software upgrade, a quote within a quote, like the above to Doodoot, does not generate a quote notification. The notification will only go to the author of the main quote.

Just don't want you calling him in vain.
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

Mr Man wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:10 amAre you misrepresenting the Buddha's teaching when you say "from a Buddhist & humanitarian perceptive Putin's actions in Syria are good karma"?
I doubt it. Defending society & families from terrorists is not against the Buddhist teachings. :heart:
But sire, what are the noble duties of a wheel-turning monarch?’

‘Well then, my dear, relying only on principle (dhamma) —honoring, respecting and venerating principle, having principle as your flag, banner and authority — provide just protection and security for your court, troops, aristocrats, vassals, brahmins and householders, people of town and country, ascetics and brahmins, beasts and birds.

https://suttacentral.net/dn26/en/sujato
Last edited by DooDoot on Mon May 07, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
Mr Man

Post by Mr Man »

SDC wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:40 am
Mr Man wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:10 am DootDoot you wrote "from a Buddhist & humanitarian perceptive Putin's actions in Syria are good karma"

Putin's action's in Syria involves killing fellow humans.

Are you misrepresenting the Buddha's teaching when you say "from a Buddhist & humanitarian perceptive Putin's actions in Syria are good karma"?
It seems that ever since the software upgrade, a quote within a quote, like the above to Doodoot, does not generate a quote notification. The notification will only go to the author of the main quote.

Just don't want you calling him in vain.
Thanks SDC
Mr Man

Post by Mr Man »

DooDoot wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:45 am
Mr Man wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:10 amAre you misrepresenting the Buddha's teaching when you say "from a Buddhist & humanitarian perceptive Putin's actions in Syria are good karma"?
I doubt it. Defending society & families from terrorists is not against the Buddhist teachings. :heart:
And Killing?
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

Mr Man wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:50 amThanks SDC
Actually, its probably not relevant because I have had Mr Man on ignore for a long time now. If SDC did not post I would not have read your post.
Mr Man wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:50 amAnd Killing?
My impression is your posts on this forum have often supported killing of Syrians by direct & indirect US military actions. The Syrian govt is defending its national sovereignty, which falls into the Dhamma duties of a monarch; as I quoted from sutta. Kamma is intention in Buddhism.
But sire, what are the noble duties of a wheel-turning monarch?’

‘Well then, my dear, relying only on principle (dhamma) —honoring, respecting and venerating principle, having principle as your flag, banner and authority — provide just protection and security for your court, troops, aristocrats, vassals, brahmins and householders, people of town and country, ascetics and brahmins, beasts and birds.

https://suttacentral.net/dn26/en/sujato
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man »

DooDoot wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:52 am
Mr Man wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:50 amThanks SDC
Actually, its probably not relevant because I have had Mr Man on ignore for a long time now. If SDC did not post I would not have read your post.
Mr Man wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:50 amAnd Killing?
My impression is your posts on this forum have often supported killing of Syrians by direct & indirect military actions.
Why don't you just address the point?

And just to be clear I am 100% against the killing of humans. I have no love for US foreign policy, UK foreign, or Russian foreign policy. I would like you to show a post where I support the killing of Syrians. I think you are being dishonest.
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

Mr Man wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:02 amAnd just to be clear I am 100% against the killing of humans. I have no love for US foreign policy, UK foreign, or Russian foreign policy. I would like you to show a post where I support the killing of Syrians. I think you are being dishonest.
To be honest, my impression is of a Psychopathic Neo-Con attitude. Sorry to sound so blunt. To me, your posts are just spam. How can you be 100% against the killing of humans when you oppose people in a sovereign nation who are defending themselves from being murdered by outsiders & Jihadists? When women are being raped, you invoke the Dhamma upon those women asserting those women should not kill. I am simply posting facts here that people are being liberated in Syria. But you have a history of opposing this. I have pointed out the mass-media is dishonest because each time before a real & proven liberation occurs, the mass-media say there will be a genocide. Obviously, you are not 100% against the killing of humans; otherwise you would rejoice with the freedom of the people. You do not rejoice in these videos. You appear to think they are dishonest.

Last edited by DooDoot on Mon May 07, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man »

DooDoot wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:12 am
Mr Man wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:02 amAnd just to be clear I am 100% against the killing of humans. I have no love for US foreign policy, UK foreign, or Russian foreign policy. I would like you to show a post where I support the killing of Syrians. I think you are being dishonest.
If I didn't gain the impression of a Psychopathic Neo-Con attitude, I would not have you on ignore.
You will have to give examples of my "Psychopathic Neo-Con attitude" or are you just blowing smoke.
DooDoot wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:12 am Sorry to sound so blunt. To me, your posts are just spam.
Perhaps you will need to post four videos to support that point?
DooDoot wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:12 amHow can you be 100% against the killing of humans when you oppose people in a sovereign nation who are defending themselves from being murdered by outsiders & Jihadists? When women are being raped, you invoke the Dhamma upon those women asserting those women should not kill.
I oppose killing. You don't oppose killing. So be it.

But why try and use The Buddha's teaching to support killing?

You still haven't addressed this - Is killing good karma from a Buddhist perspective?
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

Mr Man wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:23 amBut why try and use The Buddha's teaching to support killing?
My last reply to your spams. There is a sovereign nation called 'Syria', in which the majority of the people support the government. There are outside forces supported & funded by Western nations, which the majority of posters on this forum are from. It is the outside forces causing the need for killing. It is Western people that have the power to intervene in their govt actions. In Dhamma & in Secular Law, there is the principle of self-defence; just as the Buddha taught kamma is intention (AN 6.63). Self-defence is not regarded as unwholesome or criminal. But killing motivated by greed, hatred & theft is extremely unwholesome. Since you are personally against self-defence, you support the unwholesome killing of people & families by outsiders. It is you that is using the Buddha's teachings to support murder, rape, theft, looting, imperialism & Wahhabism. The Buddha taught a Universal Monarch has an army & troops to defend the nation. The Buddha was not a type of extreme freak you wish to impute. The Buddha made a clear distinction between the Dhamma for monks & dhamma for laypeople. Killing in self-defence is not a crime for a layperson. Buddhist countries have armies & military for the purpose of self-defence. Buddhist monks in these countries do not preach against the armies. Bye.

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man »

DooDoot wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:29 am
Mr Man wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:23 amBut why try and use The Buddha's teaching to support killing?
My last reply to your spams. There is a sovereign nation called 'Syria', in which the majority of the people support the government. There are outside forces supported & funded by Western nations, which the majority of posters on this forum are from. It is the outside forces causing the need for killing. It is Western people that have the power to intervene in their govt actions. In Dhamma & in Secular Law, there is the principle of self-defence; just as the Buddha taught kamma is intention (AN 6.63). Self-defence is not regarded as unwholesome or criminal. But killing motivated by greed, hatred & theft is extremely unwholesome. Since you are personally against self-defence, you support the unwholesome killing of people & families by outsiders. It is you that is using the Buddha's teachings to support murder, rape, theft, looting, imperialism & Wahhabism. Bye.
No I do not support the killing of people & families by outsiders. I am unequivocal about that.

And no I am not using the Buddha's teachings to support murder, rape, theft, looting, imperialism & Wahhabism. Where did I do this?

But you do try and use Buddhism t to support killing. Look what you wrote -
DooDoot wrote: but from a Buddhist & humanitarian perceptive Putin's actions in Syria are good karma
You are very dishonest.

Perhaps another youtube video?
Mr Man

Post by Mr Man »

Thus spoke the Exalted One. And when the Master had thus spoken, he spoke yet again:
Killing, stealing, lying and adultery,
These four evils the wise never praise.
DN 31 Sigalovada Sutta

https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitak ... .nara.html
Zom

Post by Zom »

Circle5

Post by Circle5 »

DooDoot wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:28 am
The above is false. Since there are protests currently occurring in Russia there is obviously some free speech. Since being gay is not illegal in Russia there are obviously some gay rights in Russia. However, that Russia banned Gay Parades which the majority of Russian people are said to agree with (per Wikipedia) is consistent with Buddhist values, as taught in the Buddhist scriptures, where the Buddha discouraged overt public displays of sexuality.
Like this ? :rolleye:

As said in the video, they can do this with complete impunity because the police is encouraging this kind of behavior and those people are posting the videos on social media to embarass them even more, having no fear of police or anything like that

Of course, you are way too strong into russian propaganda and will have no problem rationalizing this too, despite being gay yourself. (I think u said this somewhere hope I am not mistaken)
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

Circle5 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:34 am Like this ? :rolleye:
The video is false because the legislation referred to in the video is not about allowing violence towards gay people. To support the narrative in the video gives the impression of supporting the promotion of gay literature to children; which is contrary to the Buddha-Dhamma.
In five ways, young householder, [to] children... show... compassion:

(i) restrain them from evil,
(ii) encourage them to do good,
(iii) train them for a profession,
(iv) arrange a suitable marriage,
(v) at the proper time hand over their inheritance to them.

DN 31
:heart:
Circle5 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:34 am despite being gay yourself. (I think u said this somewhere hope I am not mistaken)
Lol... how confused.. :roll:
Last edited by DooDoot on Wed May 09, 2018 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Circle5

Post by Circle5 »

DooDoot wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:42 am
Circle5 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:34 am Like this ? :rolleye:
The video is false because the legislation referred to in the video is not about allowing violence towards gay people. To support the narrative in the video gives the impression of supporting the promotion of gay literature to children; which is contrary to the Buddha-Dhamma.
In five ways, young householder, [to] children... show... compassion:

(i) restrain them from evil,
(ii) encourage them to do good,
(iii) train them for a profession,
(iv) arrange a suitable marriage,
(v) at the proper time hand over their inheritance to them.

DN 31
Promoting gay litrature to children ? :juggling:

1)Even the most indoctrinated person into Russian propaganda would concede a point from time to time and say "yea, maybe stabbing or beating gay people like animals is a "-1" score for russia". If such things are good kamma, then are you doing such things to your 2 gays friends that you mentioned in this topic ?

2) Also, if Putin is such a great guy and has popular support, why is he assasinating leaders of the opisition, journalist etc ? Why doesn't he allow democracy in his country if he is confident in having popular support ?

3) If the west is so so bad and only out of greed can a person chose to emigrate into it, then why are you living in the west ? Why don't you put your skin where your mouth is ? You're no different then antifa communist who would never even contemplate living for a couple of years, let alone a lifetime in Venezuela or North Korea
Last edited by Circle5 on Wed May 09, 2018 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.