What are you attached to?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
JohnK

Re: What are you attached to?

Post by JohnK »

I've almost got this licked -- I'm only attached to the aggregates!
Those who grasp at perceptions & views wander the internet creating friction. [based on Sn4:9,v.847]
thepea

Post by thepea »

Some big suffering tonight, the boy was in net(playoffs) they got rocked 8-1. It’s tough to watch you child get bombarded with shots all night. :jawdrop:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

thepea wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:53 am Some big suffering tonight, the boy was in net(playoffs) they got rocked 8-1. It’s tough to watch you child get bombarded with shots all night. :jawdrop:
Which sport is that? Hockey? Soccer?
No_Mind

Post by No_Mind »

DNS wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:28 am
thepea wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:53 am Some big suffering tonight, the boy was in net(playoffs) they got rocked 8-1. It’s tough to watch you child get bombarded with shots all night. :jawdrop:
He is Canadian so ice hockey I guess.

:namaste:
"The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.”― Albert Camus
thepea

Post by thepea »

Hockey, our national sickness.🏒
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

JohnK wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:19 pm -- I'm only attached to the aggregates!
Sheer luxury! We used to dream of only being attached to the aggregates. :tongue:

Buddha save me from new-agers!
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

DNS wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:28 am
thepea wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:42 am Hockey, our national sickness.🏒
You son was the goalie? Then it was the defencemen's fault.
thepea

Post by thepea »

DNS wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:10 pm
You son was the goalie? Then it was the defencemen's fault.
We were playing the first place team, they were the last place team so they shuffled the teams in the league and this team got some great players added to their roster.
The other teams lost some great players, they do this in this league to try and keep it equal. It’s a rep development league, most of the kids next year are moving up to A . AA, and AAA where the countries sickness gets taken to another level. My son really wants to pursue higher level hockey at the moment, but they are still so little. My wife and I sit in the stands cheering it’s especially tough when your kids the goalie, the last line of defence and when the teams confidence gets shaken he can get faced with a lot of breakaways and it really hard on him. He has a pretty good attitude,!he’s sad for a bit but after an hour or so he forgets about it, he’s very enlightened.😀 it his mother and I that suffer the most.
Alīno

Post by Alīno »

I will say agregates, but the most that i try to avoid is a cold... I support very bad any cold :(
I think that i am also attached to non-existance because the only thing i want is to ceasse thise whole mass of suffering... I dont like being alive, if suicide were bring Cessation, Nibbana, i would do it right now on the spot... But before Nibbana i have to work with my mind ... Have to be patient
Ajahn Nanadassano (before ordaining) : Venerable Ajahn, what is the bigest error that buddhist do in their practice?
Ajahn Jayasaro : They stop practicing ...
manas

Post by manas »

Just the usual: beautiful women, sex, tasty food, music, and also, thankfully, the Buddha-Dhamma. Like most of us here, I'm a work in progress.

Don't beat yourself up for not being perfect. Just stick to the Path that leads to purity.
:anjali:
To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.