Quote and PM Tutorial

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
Cittasanto

Quote and PM Tutorial

Post by Cittasanto »

Hi All,
Just done a PDF tutorial thing for Alan, didn't know where to post this to make sure he got it, but if someone can check it to make sure it is accurate and I'm being clear would be great
Untitled 1.pdf
(498.14 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
P.S. if anyone can think of any others they would like done I quite enjoyed doing this so.
Last edited by Cittasanto on Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Cittasanto

Re: Quote and PM Tutorial

Post by Cittasanto »

Hi All added more bits, let me know how readable/user friendly it is.
Last edited by Cittasanto on Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Manapa, it's great! This type of thing would have been extremely helpful for me in my early forum days, and I am sure it will be for others! It took me a long time, on my own, to figure out how this stuff works.

I'm very impressed!
Last edited by Annapurna on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alan

Post by alan »

Thanks!
alan

Post by alan »

Manapa wrote:Hi All,
Just done a PDF tutorial thing for Alan, didn't know where to post this to make sure he got it,

Got it, thanks!
alan

Post by alan »

Is there a way to delete a post?
alan

Post by alan »

Annabel wrote:Manapa, it's great! This type of thing would have been extremely helpful for me in my early forum days
Agreed.
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

alan wrote:Is there a way to delete a post?
I'll add it

John Stuart Mill
alan

Post by alan »

Still doing something wrong though, as the last line with quote marks is still there.
Also, I can't make the yellow guys work. http://www.dhammawheel.com/posting.php? ... =11&t=3123#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by alan on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Make sure you only have one set of quote marks!
you can only delete a post before the next post has been made! before that you can by using the buttons on the top left side corner of the post

John Stuart Mill
alan

Post by alan »

Manapa wrote:
Make sure you only have one set of quote marks!
Well that is a bit better. Let's try to add a yellow man.http://www.dhammawheel.com/posting.php? ... =11&t=3123#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Place the curser where you want the emoticon to go then click the one you want

John Stuart Mill
alan

Post by alan »

:thanks: :thanks:
I'd been dragging into the box.
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

:twothumbsup:
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

are there any other pieces of info?

John Stuart Mill