Bannon tells all in new book about Trump

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
alan

Re: Bannon tells all in new book about Trump

Post by alan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:45 am

I posted the entire video in this thread. Here it is again. Now tell me you actually support this guy, Because I think he is a total jerk, and a fool, and a liar.
Last edited by alan on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:47 am

Greetings Alan,
alan wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:45 am
I posted the entire video in this thread.
I know you did... and whilst you may be compelled to actively hate anything pro-Trump, I don't feel compelled to actively respond to everything pro-Trump.

Again, if you want to discuss any points made in the video, be specific about which arguments you believe warrant discussion.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

alan

Post by alan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:55 am

No, I think you have to do that.
Tell me what it is about Trump that you like. Because I am disappointed in you. I see no reason to like him. I see only evidence that he is crazy.

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:11 am

Greetings Alan,
alan wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:55 am
Tell me what it is about Trump that you like. Because I am disappointed in you. I see no reason to like him. I see only evidence that he is crazy.
Practical solutions prioritised over political correctness.
Law and order prioritised over anarchism and feelings.
Economic freedom and efficiency prioritised over economic regulations.
Small government prioritsed over big government.
Capitalism prioritised over communism.
Markets prioritised over central planning.
Blind justice prioritised over "social justice".
Boosting the economy prioritised over strangling and contorting it.
Personal empowerment prioritised over welfare dependence.
Patriotism prioritised over dividing the population by race, gender, sexuality etc.
Draining the swamp prioritised over establishment cronyism.
Cultural libertarianism prioritised over cultural authoritarianism.
Decreasing the dependence on psychiatric medicines prioritised over placating the masses with drugs.
Nationalism prioritised over open borders.
Transparency in government prioritised over deep state shenanigans.
Winning and finishing wars prioritised over starting and sustaining wars.
Triggering crybullies prioritised over pandering to crybullies.
Dismantling pedophile & human trafficking networks prioritised over not doing that.
Calling out Islamic terror prioritised over being afraid to act on it.
Challenging media bias directly prioritised over schmoozing with the media.
Making America Great Again prioritised over smug cosmopolitan elitism.

They're the main ones that come to mind, but I can keep going if you like...?

Metta,
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

alan

Post by alan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:26 am

Ok, that was long. Too long. Almost as if you were trying to take over the conversation in a Filibuster. So, let's go one by one.
Where has he actually made any of your first point?
And why is it good?

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:31 am

Greetings,
alan wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:26 am
Where has he actually made any of your first point?
And why is it good?
In everything he does, and because winning is better than losing.

Metta,

alan

Post by alan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:39 am

You can't be really saying this. Because it is just so much Bullsh*t.

chownah

Post by chownah » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:09 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:58 am
Greetings Alan,
alan wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:57 am
Tell me what that guy had to say, other than praising everything Trump. This is not an issue of free speech, it is about sanity.
An invited guest was trying to make a point and was shouted down by the host.

That's not good form, no matter who does it.

Metta,
When an invited guest jumps up on the dining table and tramples on the dinner denying those attending the right to eat the meal then I applaud kicking him out.

The man is denying people the right to have a discussion by taking up all the time and resources devoted to having a discussion. THe man is an impediment to free speech. The man does everything he can, over and over again, to frustrate the attempts to have a discussion. If you read or saw the aftermath of him being kicked off the air you would have heard the interviewer explain that his performance was why he is not invited to be interviewed. (And frankly haven seen him speak when he was not kicked off the air (but perhaps should have been) he really comes across as being a mindless propogana spewing machine.....little to know substance...high on emotionally laden words. This is not subtle.....just go watch him speak somewhere.)

This type of performance is a standard tactic used by trump et al to frustrate the free exchange of ideas......think of kellyanne conway and gorka as other examples.....there are more....

Propogandists of every sort use this technique to stifle the free flow of ideas and views and to monopolize the media and people's attention for their own views......it is nothing new......it should be condemned in all cases and in every instance.....those who don't are propogandists pimping for their own political positions........

chownah

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:02 am

chownah wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:09 am

Propogandists of every sort use this technique to stifle the free flow of ideas and views and to monopolize the media and people's attention for their own views......it is nothing new......it should be condemned in all cases and in every instance.....those who don't are propogandists pimping for their own political positions........

I agree.

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:36 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:11 am
Greetings Alan,
alan wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:55 am
Practical solutions prioritised over political correctness.
Law and order prioritised over anarchism and feelings.
Economic freedom and efficiency prioritised over economic regulations.
Small government prioritsed over big government.
Capitalism prioritised over communism.
Markets prioritised over central planning.
Blind justice prioritised over "social justice".
Boosting the economy prioritised over strangling and contorting it.
Personal empowerment prioritised over welfare dependence.
Patriotism prioritised over dividing the population by race, gender, sexuality etc.
Draining the swamp prioritised over establishment cronyism.
Cultural libertarianism prioritised over cultural authoritarianism.
Decreasing the dependence on psychiatric medicines prioritised over placating the masses with drugs.
Nationalism prioritised over open borders.
Transparency in government prioritised over deep state shenanigans.
Winning and finishing wars prioritised over starting and sustaining wars.
Triggering crybullies prioritised over pandering to crybullies.
Dismantling pedophile & human trafficking networks prioritised over not doing that.
Calling out Islamic terror prioritised over being afraid to act on it.
Challenging media bias directly prioritised over schmoozing with the media.
Making America Great Again prioritised over smug cosmopolitan elitism.

They're the main ones that come to mind, but I can keep going if you like...?

Metta,
Might I add to this; Nonsense prioritized over rational action
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:46 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:02 am
Greetings Alan,
alan wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:00 am
This book just shows what everyone who has been paying attention already knows--and what I have been saying all along.Trump is a God Dam Crazy Man.
But, No Collusion! Yeah, sure. Say that 20,000 more times, you God Dam Crazy Man. Time is running out. And I will be proven right.
Ha, ha... OK... just like the Pee Pee dossier that turned out to be nothing but Poo Poo.

:D

Metta,
Is this your idea of right speech???
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

manas

Post by manas » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:02 pm

retrofuturist wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:51 am
The Left used to primarily be about economics - provision of basic services, progressive taxation, safety nets, workers' rights and the right to assembly, free speech, stopping privatization etc.... now it's increasingly about culture, identity classifications, social engineering and promoting state policing of those aspects of daily life. Those who are partisan will follow their side, wherever it goes... Those who hold certain values and principles will take their stand on those values and principles, whilst the popularity of various political positions ebb and flow around them.

Metta,
The most extreme elements - such as 'Antifa' - will denounce Nazis, yet - by attempting to shut down the airing of ideas they don't even want discussed, and by encouraging or enacting physical violence (at times) against people who, from their perspective, hold offensive views, are quite ironically, acting just like Nazis
Knowing this body is like a clay jar,
securing this mind like a fort,
attack Mara with the spear of discernment,
then guard what's won without settling there,
without laying claim.

- Dhp 40

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:14 pm

manas wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:02 pm
retrofuturist wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:51 am
The Left used to primarily be about economics - provision of basic services, progressive taxation, safety nets, workers' rights and the right to assembly, free speech, stopping privatization etc.... now it's increasingly about culture, identity classifications, social engineering and promoting state policing of those aspects of daily life. Those who are partisan will follow their side, wherever it goes... Those who hold certain values and principles will take their stand on those values and principles, whilst the popularity of various political positions ebb and flow around them.

Metta,
The most extreme elements - such as 'Antifa' - will denounce Nazis, yet - by attempting to shut down the airing of ideas they don't even want discussed, and by encouraging or enacting physical violence (at times) against people who, from their perspective, hold offensive views, are quite ironically, acting just like - Nazis!
Hi Manas
Do you know what the Nazis actually did?

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:27 pm

Yes, I don't think Antifa has set up any concentration camps, or burned any synagogues!!

Pseudobabble

Post by Pseudobabble » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:19 pm

lyndon taylor wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:27 pm
Yes, I don't think Antifa has set up any concentration camps, or burned any synagogues!!
I don't think that's a good test. We want to stop things well before that point.
"Does Master Gotama have any position at all?"

"A 'position,' Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with. What a Tathagata sees is this: 'Such is form, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is feeling, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is perception...such are fabrications...such is consciousness, such its origination, such its disappearance.'" - Aggi-Vacchagotta Sutta

'Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return.' - Genesis 3:19

'Some fart freely, some try to hide and silence it. Which one is correct?' - Saegnapha