Bannon tells all in new book about Trump

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
manas

Re: Bannon tells all in new book about Trump

Post by manas » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:33 pm

DooDoot wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:46 am
What I have observed in life is how evil people collude together for mutual interests then nastily stab each other in the back at later times.
If it suits their interests, that's the general course of events.

"See, everyone? We've signed a non-aggression pact. We're friends now!"
Knowing this body is like a clay jar,
securing this mind like a fort,
attack Mara with the spear of discernment,
then guard what's won without settling there,
without laying claim.

- Dhp 40

alan

Post by alan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:00 am

This book just shows what everyone who has been paying attention already knows--and what I have been saying all along.Trump is a God Dam Crazy Man.
But, No Collusion! Yeah, sure. Say that 20,000 more times, you God Dam Crazy Man. Time is running out. And I will be proven right.

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:02 am

Greetings Alan,
alan wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:00 am
This book just shows what everyone who has been paying attention already knows--and what I have been saying all along.Trump is a God Dam Crazy Man.
But, No Collusion! Yeah, sure. Say that 20,000 more times, you God Dam Crazy Man. Time is running out. And I will be proven right.
Ha, ha... OK... just like the Pee Pee dossier that turned out to be nothing but Poo Poo.

:D

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

alan

Post by alan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:23 am

Just look at this Sh*tbrain loser. Pathetic! People like this make me sick. God Dam liars! What kind of person goes on TV and lies like this? Answer: Disgusting, low life sh*theads.
Jake cuts him off. Good for him.

alan

Post by alan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:28 am

Hey Retro,
Bet you the dossier turns out to be true. And I'll bet Trump is guilty, and will be proven so.
If I'm wrong, I'll fly out to Aussie and shout you a beer.

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:30 am

Greetings Alan,
alan wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:23 am
I'm not sure of how a host silencing an invited guest is cause for applause, but then, the suppression of opposing viewpoints is a popular past-time in
certain quarters.

Metta,
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

chownah

Post by chownah » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:43 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:30 am
Greetings Alan,
alan wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:23 am
I'm not sure of how a host silencing an invited guest is cause for applause, but then, the suppression of opposing viewpoints is an popular past-time in
certain quarters.

Metta,
The guest was disruptive of the conversation. After given some time to wander off and avoid answering the point of discussion he seems to have forgotten how to focus on being in a room with another person having a discussion......seems like he got lost in his own private echo chamber. He was giving a monologue, not participating in a dialogue.

I've seen this guy before. This is his entire act. Trump loves it. Trump hires people with these skills.....kellyanne comes to mind and gorka....and this guy. The ploy is to shut down any discussion about trump et al because if people actually discuss trump et al in a meaningful way it will not increase trump's political base.

There are people on the left who do the same thing....and you, retrofuturist will bash them until the cows come home and try to make people believe that the entirety of the left is acting the same.

Retrofuturist, you are pimping for your political position.....it is not subtle....
chownah

edit: the tactic is dissruption of meaningful political discussion....it is a hindrance for free speech.
chownah

alan

Post by alan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:49 am

He was just spouting Bulls*t. To Hell with that guy.
Such obvious, absolute, complete Bulls*t!
Jake was right to cut him off. Because total, absolute, complete Bulls*t pisses me off. There is no reason to allow garbage like this to proliferate. Good for Jake, and good on CNN for not backing down.

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:51 am

Greetings Chownah,
retrofuturist wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:30 am
I'm not sure of how a host silencing an invited guest is cause for applause, but then, the suppression of opposing viewpoints is an popular past-time in certain quarters.
chownah wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:43 am
Retrofuturist, you are pimping for your political position.....it is not subtle....
My political position on this issue is freedom of speech and the marketplace of ideas. There is no partisanship in this regard, only an observation that one side of politics which used to be the champions of free speech, have taken it upon themselves to try to shut it down in recent times. No better is that shift more significant that in comparing the calibre of Mario Savio...

... to the degeneracy of Antifa ...

A side is not "correct" based on whether they are left or right... they are correct or incorrect based upon the principles they hold, the behaviour they demonstrate, and the view and values they espouse.

As I said to someone else earlier today in an unrelated conversation....

The Left used to primarily be about economics - provision of basic services, progressive taxation, safety nets, workers' rights and the right to assembly, free speech, stopping privatization etc.... now it's increasingly about culture, identity classifications, social engineering and promoting state policing of those aspects of daily life. Those who are partisan will follow their side, wherever it goes... Those who hold certain values and principles will take their stand on those values and principles, whilst the popularity of various political positions ebb and flow around them.

Metta,

alan

Post by alan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:57 am

Tell me what that guy had to say, other than praising everything Trump. This is not an issue of free speech, it is about sanity.

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:58 am

Greetings Alan,
alan wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:57 am
Tell me what that guy had to say, other than praising everything Trump. This is not an issue of free speech, it is about sanity.
An invited guest was trying to make a point and was shouted down by the host.

That's not good form, no matter who does it.

Metta,

alan

Post by alan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:10 am

It is 100% certain that he will spout out Bullsh*t. CNN gave him the opportunity to not be a complete jerk, and of course, he could not resist.
What at total piece of garbage he is.
What a liar he is.
Can you not see how he sucks up to Trump, and does this not make you sick?
Because it makes me sick. If I had a TV show, I would cut off his ass, Because I hate liars, and I hate fools. And I will not put up with any of them.

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:15 am

Greetings,
alan wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:10 am
Can you not see how he sucks up to Trump, and does this not make you sick?
I've only seen about 5 seconds of the footage, and the only part I objected to was that which I mentioned.

Whilst not having seen any more than that, I can say that debunking baseless myths and accusations, and drawing attention to the achievements of a president do not make me sick.

Metta,

alan

Post by alan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:32 am

Why did you only see five seconds of it?

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:35 am

Greetings Alan,
alan wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:32 am
Why did you only see five seconds of it?
Because when I saw it on the local news, that is what was shown.

I assume it was the standard fare I described above, but if there was something specific which you feel warrants addressing, point me to the exact part of the video, or transcribe the offending words (either here, if relevant, or to a different topic) for the benefit of all.

Metta,