30 hours without any sleep and counting

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Cittasanto

Re: 30 hours without any sleep and counting

Post by Cittasanto »

There could be other reasons, but the obvious one... I do hope you get some rest soon, and will keep an eye for an update.

I would recommend just sticking with resting in bed, one bad habit is giving up trying to sleep. So even if you end up meditating all night would be better and more restful than not.

Much Metta
Cittasanto
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Digity

Post by Digity »

Are you on meds?
Last edited by Digity on Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Hi Stephan
Do you feel tired when you are not sleeping for 30 hours?
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Lombardi4

Post by Lombardi4 »

Had a good night's sleep. Went to bed at 10pm after a good guided sleeping meditation on InsightTimer and just woke up, it's 12:30pm.
Mr Man

Post by Mr Man »

:twothumbsup:
Lombardi4

Post by Lombardi4 »

retrofuturist wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:30 pm Greetings Stiphan,

Either way, take care!

I'm DJing back to back on the nights of December 30 and New Year's Eve, so I'm predicting a period of not much sleep for me soon.

Thankfully I've managed to arrange the set times for December 30, so I'll be finished by 11.45 p.m. Unfortunately, on the morning of December 31st, I'll have to wake up pretty early and it could be a very late night, but I'll make it work.

I hope your sleeping patterns return to normal soon!

Metta,
Paul. :)
Good luck, Paul! And enjoy it!
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

good to hear it :smile:
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
zerotime

Post by zerotime »

don't discard external reasons. There is a growing mass of people dragging this problem through years, and sometimes it has to do with electrical equipment in the home causing electrical fields, ultrasounds, waves, etc.. Specially in the bedroom.

Here some general info:
https://livingnow.com.au/sleepless-nigh ... ried-this/

this is the new contamination of these technological times. Very similar to what happened at the starting of Industrial Revolution, in where the authorities ignored signals and risks to not obstaculize the progress-business.

hope you can be well soon
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

What is your happiness level today?
:)
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”