Pleiades, Elves & BuddhaDharma

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Ren

Pleiades, Elves & BuddhaDharma

Post by Ren »

As anāgāmin,

My prior abode was in the Pleaides star system, Death at: Deva Nimmānaratī (Pleione Star System). Birth unrevealed (unreveled star system).

A pleiadean star-seed, fully awake to some dharmas (which may include: choosing the next abode, remembering past abodes, remembering other's past abodes, advanced meditation skills), is an elf.

This connection has not been made before. However, according to indian thought, Pleiades is known as the nakshatra Kṛttikā (Sanskrit for "the cutters").

Who knows how to cut well?

Elves.
retrofuturist

Re: Pleiades, Elves & BuddhaDharma

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Ren,

So when's Disclosure?

:alien:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
mario92

Post by mario92 »

Anagami dont came back to this world :)
Dhammanando

Post by Dhammanando »

Ren wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:54 am Who knows how to cut well?
Freddy Krueger.
Ren wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:54 am Elves.
Elves!? Who says elves know how to cut well?
Yena yena hi maññanti,
tato taṃ hoti aññathā.

In whatever way they conceive it,
It turns out otherwise.
(Sn. 588)
Pseudobabble

Post by Pseudobabble »

Ren wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:54 am As anāgāmin,

My prior abode was in the Pleaides star system, Death at: Deva Nimmānaratī (Pleione Star System). Birth unrevealed (unreveled star system).

A pleiadean star-seed, fully awake to some dharmas (which may include: choosing the next abode, remembering past abodes, remembering other's past abodes, advanced meditation skills), is an elf.

This connection has not been made before. However, according to indian thought, Pleiades is known as the nakshatra Kṛttikā (Sanskrit for "the cutters").

Who knows how to cut well?

Elves.
Greetings, spaceman.
"Does Master Gotama have any position at all?"

"A 'position,' Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with. What a Tathagata sees is this: 'Such is form, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is feeling, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is perception...such are fabrications...such is consciousness, such its origination, such its disappearance.'" - Aggi-Vacchagotta Sutta

'Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return.' - Genesis 3:19

'Some fart freely, some try to hide and silence it. Which one is correct?' - Saegnapha
Dhammanando

Post by Dhammanando »

Dhammanando wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:08 amElves!? Who says elves know how to cut well?
It occurred to me after posting that it might be the Grimms' fairy tale, The Elves and the Shoemaker, that has given you this idea. There's no doubt that those elves could cut well. This wouldn't demonstrate, however, that dexterity in cutting things is a typical elfin feature. Firstly because the Grimms didn't themselves even use the word Elfen, but rather Wichtelmänner. English translators of the Grimms, starting with Margaret Hunt in 1884, chose to render this as "elves" because of the lack of any suitable English cognate or synonym. Secondly, even if the Grimms had used Elfen, the fact would remain that this fairy tale appears to be a unique example of elves who are good at cutting, rather than evidence of this skill being a feature long-associated or widely associated with elves.

Indeed, one might go further and say that there are no particular features that have been continuously associated with elves, for historically these are creatures that have undergone a complete makeover with each new cultural era. As a scholar has remarked regarding the elf folklore of Iceland:
... the time has come to resist reviewing information about álfar en masse and trying to impose generalizations on a tradition of a thousand years. Legends of álfar may have been constantly changing and were perhaps always heterogeneous so it might be argued that any particular source will only reflect the state of affairs at one given time.

(Ármann Jakobsson, The Extreme Emotional Life of Vǫlundr the Elf.
Scandinavian Studies. 78 (3): 227–54. 2006)
Yena yena hi maññanti,
tato taṃ hoti aññathā.

In whatever way they conceive it,
It turns out otherwise.
(Sn. 588)
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Pseudobabble wrote:Greetings, spaceman.

Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

I had a dream where I was abducted by the Space Alien Cat People and taken to their home planet Littatrey in the Naff Nebulous...or maybe it wasn't a dream? :alien:
Buddha save me from new-agers!
binocular

Post by binocular »

Hm.

The seven Pleiades are the companions of Artemis.
The seven dwarves are the companions of Snow White.
After the medieval period, the word elf tended to become less common throughout the Germanic languages, losing out to alternative native terms like zwerc ("dwarf") in German and huldra ("hidden being") in Scandinavian languages, and to loan-words like fairy (borrowed from French into all the Germanic languages).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elf
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira »

The Pleiadians - Barbara Marciniak

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=30548

:namaste:
I participate in this forum using Google Translator. http://translate.google.com.br

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/
Ren

Post by Ren »

mario92 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:59 am Anagami dont came back to this world :)
Anagami in this current life. One of the skills I knew how to chose rebirths in my prior abode.
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

How do you choose where you have been?
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

dharmacorps wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:00 pm How do you choose where you have been?
I think Ren's meaning is that in his prior abode, one of his skills was knowing how to choose subsequent rebirths. That's not quite as impressive, but still quite a claim.
PuerAzaelis

Post by PuerAzaelis »

Theravadins are weird.
Generally, enjoyment of speech is the gateway to poor [results]. So it becomes the foundation for generating all negative emotional states. Jampel Pawo, The Certainty of the Diamond Mind
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

Oh, thanks. That I "get".

I'll get David Icke on the phone for the rest of my questions.