Hi

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Preet

Hi

Post by Preet »

Hi

I found this site while 'googling' for some answers.

I've been practising Vipassana meditation, as taught by S N Goenka (India) for some time. Very irregular in my daily sittings for the past 2 years.

Its really embarrasing, but there are some questions I have, and I don't know where to look for the answers. At the retreats everybody is just so ahead of me, and I can't even understand the questions sometimes :) and mostly the answer is to observe.

I look forward to your help in my Dhamma journey, and if i can help at any time- I would be happy to.

With much metta
Cittasanto

Re: Hi

Post by Cittasanto »

Hi & Welcome
:anjali:
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Vardali

Post by Vardali »

I know the feeling ;)
At the end of the day, I am always falling back to having to make up my own mind. :toast:

So, "hi" back and welcome, I hope you can find good answers to your questions here :sage:

Have fun.
:anjali:
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Preet,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
LauraJ

Post by LauraJ »

Hi Preet, welcome. I look forward to your questions :)

Best,
Laura
Dharma Wheel
Buddha Blog

Conquer the angry man by love. Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness. Conquer the miser with generosity. Conquer the liar with truth. -The Dhammapada
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

Hello and welcome Preet !

Kind regards,

Aloka
Preet

Post by Preet »

Thank you for your kind words.

"I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be."

With metta
Preet
Laurens

Post by Laurens »

Hello and welcome

Do not be embarressed by any questions that you might have - there is no such thing as a stupid question. At least in Buddhism there isn't anyway. You won't be judged by what you know or don't know.

Best wishes
Laurens
"If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Calahand

Post by Calahand »

welcome :)
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!
Michael_S

Post by Michael_S »

Hi Preet and welcome.
I have learned a great deal here by reading many of the past threads.
As someone who is relatively new to Buddhist thinking, I can say already
that applying some of the fundamental elements has made a difference
in my daily life. This has got to be one of the most civil discussion groups on the web!
Mike