HI Everyone !

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
sandun Wanniarachchi

HI Everyone !

Post by sandun Wanniarachchi »

HEY !

i am sandun and i am from srilanka. i am 15 years old . i am a bit busy with school work these days since i have to face the ordinary level exam next year.not much to say about my personal life because my life history is very short.

though i am a buddhist by birth i started following it very recently. i have a very recent history in meditation which is approximately 8 months. over the last few months i discovered many of meditation methods but i was'nt able to adapt them fully. but after reading "satipatthana direct path to realization by venerable Analayo and heart of buddhist meditation by ven. nyanaponika thera i came to the conclusion that sutta reference was the best and possible method to reach the buddha. i am a member of sutta central and i found some familiar names of my friends who are members of SC. i am interested in studying early buddhist texts in pali,chinese,sanskrit and tibetan. but, i always make sure that i give priority to daily mindfulness and tranquility meditation which helps me to figure things out. :)
“Venerable sir, it is said, ‘the world, the world.’ In what way, venerable sir, might there be the world or the description of the world?”

“Where there is the eye, Samiddhi, where there are forms, eye-consciousness, things to be cognized by eye-consciousness, there the world exists or the description of the world.

“Where there is the ear …..

“Where there is no eye, Samiddhi, no forms, no eye-consciousness, no things to be cognized by eye-consciousness, there the world does not exist nor any description of the world.

" Where there is no ear,.....

S.N. 35.66
paul

Re: HI Everyone !

Post by paul »

Welcome to DW sandun and your conclusion that studying the suttas directly rather than receiving Dhamma that is encumbered by traditional baggage is correct.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello: again.
:D
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
DC2R

Post by DC2R »

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel, Sandun!
StaceyH

Post by StaceyH »

Hello!
I'm slow, but I get great mileage.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

:buddha2:
sandun Wanniarachchi

Post by sandun Wanniarachchi »

btw, i have to thank my Sutta central friend sarathW for introducing me to DW,once again . :anjali:
“Venerable sir, it is said, ‘the world, the world.’ In what way, venerable sir, might there be the world or the description of the world?”

“Where there is the eye, Samiddhi, where there are forms, eye-consciousness, things to be cognized by eye-consciousness, there the world exists or the description of the world.

“Where there is the ear …..

“Where there is no eye, Samiddhi, no forms, no eye-consciousness, no things to be cognized by eye-consciousness, there the world does not exist nor any description of the world.

" Where there is no ear,.....

S.N. 35.66
ryanlibrarian

Post by ryanlibrarian »

sandun Wanniarachchi wrote:HEY !

i am sandun and i am from srilanka. i am 15 years old . i am a bit busy with school work these days since i have to face the ordinary level exam next year.not much to say about my personal life because my life history is very short.

though i am a buddhist by birth i started following it very recently. i have a very recent history in meditation which is approximately 8 months. over the last few months i discovered many of meditation methods but i was'nt able to adapt them fully. but after reading "satipatthana direct path to realization by venerable Analayo and heart of buddhist meditation by ven. nyanaponika thera i came to the conclusion that sutta reference was the best and possible method to reach the buddha. i am a member of sutta central and i found some familiar names of my friends who are members of SC. i am interested in studying early buddhist texts in pali,chinese,sanskrit and tibetan. but, i always make sure that i give priority to daily mindfulness and tranquility meditation which helps me to figure things out. :)
Welcome Sandun! You seem to be wise beyond your years! I look forward to seeing more posts from you! :)
ganegaar

Post by ganegaar »

Welcome Sandun! You seem to be wise beyond your years! I look forward to seeing more posts from you!
Fully agree!..
Welcome Sandun.
Sīlepatiṭṭhāya naro sapañño, cittaṃ paññañca bhāvayaṃ;
Ātāpī nipako bhikkhu, so imaṃ vijaṭaye jaṭanti.
Yuki91

Post by Yuki91 »

Welcome!