most annoying.

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
tiltbillings

Re: most annoying.

Post by tiltbillings »

Here is what I like to do to smileys
Attachments
grape.jpg
grape.jpg (15.65 KiB) Viewed 3371 times
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
catmoon

Post by catmoon »

Smileys are not annoying. Smilies are an exploration of a new medium of communication. And as always, there are those who just don't like them consarned new fangled horseless carriages. My favorite smiley is the one that does laundry, but it is not available here. Ok nuff trolling let's see what bites. :popcorn:
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

catmoon wrote:Smileys are not annoying. Smilies are an exploration of a new medium of communication. And as always, there are those who just don't like them consarned new fangled horseless carriages. My favorite smiley is the one that does laundry, but it is not available here. Ok nuff trolling let's see what bites.
If a person does not like smileys he or she is a Luddite? Let me quote some Shakespeare concerning that jaundiced point of view: Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage. Such eloquence.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

PeterB wrote:
pink_trike wrote:Most of them are one-dimensional and lack subtlety. How often do we really roll on the floor laughing? :rofl:

I miss the smiley face tipping his hat that the grey forum has.
Thats true, nothings THAT funny.
Which reminds me of the conversation between Mick Jagger and the Veteren Jazzer George Melly.
" Mick how did your face get so lined ?"
" They are laughter lines George"
" Mick... nothings that funny."
:rofl:
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
Su Dongpo

Post by Su Dongpo »

Ben wrote:Smileys are the vermin of online communication.
Soon, all we'll be doing is grunting and posting smileys.
It makes my blood run cold thinking that perhaps some of you are already there - beyond help...
:broke: :zzz: :soap: :toast: 8-) 8-) 8-) :coffee: :buddha2: :group: :group: :soap: :smile: :smile: :toilet: :oops: :!: :!: :mrgreen: :rules: :guns: :rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye:

Got that?

Well,
:coffee: :alien: :heart: :hug: :hug: :hug: :shrug: :reading: :zzz: :juggling: :tantrum: :jedi: :jedi: :jedi: :meditate: :rules:

Metta,
hb
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Oh, yeah.
As this thread makes clear.
It makes my blood run cold thinking that perhaps some of you are already there - beyond help...
Oh, yeah.

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:lol:

4 :sage: truths:

1. :tantrum:
2. :juggling:
3. :jedi:
4. :meditate:
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

tiltbillings wrote:
Oh, yeah.
Oh, yeah.

:heart: Why hello again, Mr Tilt ! :hello: In the absence of my heart-shaped potato, :heart: I will leave this extra large heart-smilie for you instead ! :D

tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Aloka wrote:
tiltbillings wrote:
Oh, yeah.
Oh, yeah.

:heart: Why hello again, Mr Tilt ! :hello: In the absence of my heart-shaped potato, :heart: I will leave this extra large heart-smilie for you instead ! :D

The potato was a thing of beauty. Smilies are artless. Alas, we are stuck with these things.

BlackBird

Post by BlackBird »

Well, they're not :alien: to me.
I've :hug: them whole- :heart: -edly.

:stirthepot:

P.S.

:pig: :pig:
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Path Press - Ñāṇavīra Thera Dhamma Page - Ajahn Nyanamoli's Dhamma talks
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

BlackBird wrote:Well, they're not :alien: to me.
I've :hug: them whole- :heart: -edly.

:stirthepot:

P.S.

:pig: :pig:

Sanghamitta

Post by Sanghamitta »

:smile:
The going for refuge is the door of entrance to the teachings of the Buddha.

Bhikku Bodhi.
catmoon

Post by catmoon »

David N. Snyder wrote:
:lol:

4 :sage: truths:

1. :tantrum:
2. :juggling:
3. :jedi:
4. :meditate:
:clap:
christopher:::

Post by christopher::: »

tiltbillings wrote:
wo! that's one crazy mofo smiley....

"As Buddhists, we should aim to develop relationships that are not predominated by grasping and clinging. Our relationships should be characterised by the brahmaviharas of metta (loving kindness), mudita (sympathetic joy), karuna (compassion), and upekkha (equanimity)."
~post by Ben, Jul 02, 2009
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

christopher::: wrote:
tiltbillings wrote: Image
wo! that's one crazy mofo smiley....
There's another version of that, don't know if I should post it :tongue: where blood comes pouring out of the microwave after it "pops."