Absent member of our community

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Mawkish1983

Absent member of our community

Post by Mawkish1983 »

It just occurred to me that Fede has been missing for quite some time and there was no indication of them planning a hiatus. Does anyone know if Fede is alright?
SDC

Re: Absent member of our community

Post by SDC »

From what I remember she spilt after several unfortunate male vs female threads - as did several other valuable female members. I searched one thread down but didn't not want to link it.
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
Mawkish1983

Post by Mawkish1983 »

I think I remember that whole sorry affair. It's a shame it lead to the exodus. Does anyone know if those who left are doing okay? Annapurna is another name that springs to mind.

I hope they're okay.
Last edited by Mawkish1983 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDC

Post by SDC »

And Vepacitta and Sanghamitta left then as well. I was hoping they would return, but it appears at least one of them has had their account deleted.
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
Mawkish1983

Post by Mawkish1983 »

I feel responsible; I was certainly involved in the discussion and I certainly handled it unskillfully. Strange how things have a tenancy to be brought to mind at odd times.
SDC

Post by SDC »

Perhaps this could serve as reminder that unstructured gender discussions on this forum have been nothing short of disastrous and should never be taken lightly when they come up.
Mawkish1983

Post by Mawkish1983 »

Agreed. The cost is too great and there's little to gain.
SDC

Post by SDC »

I wouldn't beat yourself up, they just get going so fast and never have the chance to come back together for middle ground.
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

Mawkish1983 wrote:It just occurred to me that Fede has been missing for quite some time and there was no indication of them planning a hiatus. Does anyone know if Fede is alright?
As far as I know, (I don't post there) she's still 'Federica' the moderator at New Buddhist forum. Maybe ask Spiny Norman - I think he's a regular there.

:anjali:
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

Mawkish1983 wrote:It just occurred to me that Fede has been missing for quite some time and there was no indication of them planning a hiatus. Does anyone know if Fede is alright?
Yes, she's fine. :thumbsup:
Buddha save me from new-agers!
Mawkish1983

Post by Mawkish1983 »

Thanks Spiny Norman. I appreciate that.
lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor »

She was also posting here under the NO BS Buddhist.
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/
Reductor

Post by Reductor »

I'd sure like them to come back. Anna left in large part because of conflict with another member who has since left.

EDIT: it appears my memory is shoddy. Anna did leave in in response to all that divisive stuff.
Last edited by Reductor on Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
SDC

Post by SDC »

lyndon taylor wrote:She was also posting here under the NO BS Buddhist.
WAAAHH??? Serious???

(Extra question marks lyndon-style)

Sort of shocked.
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

SDC wrote:
lyndon taylor wrote:She was also posting here under the NO BS Buddhist.
WAAAHH??? Serious???

(Extra question marks lyndon-style)

Sort of shocked.

I'm astonished, I thought Element was the only 'kid on the block' doing sock-puppets everywhere!