Swine flu vaccination pros and cons

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Annapurna

Swine flu vaccination pros and cons

Post by Annapurna »

Don't know how things are in your land, but the Germans are upset about the latest news:

Military, police, hospital-staff and government are getting a "pure" vaccine, due to "older contracts", while the average population is supposed to get a stretched version, with an effect enhancer, and is stabilized with --now dig this, something that contains :

q u i c k s i l v e r.

The same stuff that is in amalgam.

"Wonderful news", is everybody saying, and most people, after hearing this, refuse to get the vaccination.

The Presidents of the major German Medical institutions warn of this vaccine!

One is even saying that the untested vaccine used on the Germans equals a ginny pig test for the American market.

So naturally, people are quite upset about the 2 class vaccine.

I was wondering how things are in your land.

What are your plans, concerning a vaccination?

Yes, or no, and why?

-A
PeterB

Re: Swine flu vaccination pros and cons

Post by PeterB »

They are well advanced in the UK. Innoculations begin next week. Starting with those who work in the National Health Service as they are essential to deal with the expected "second wave " in late autumn early winter..The second week it will be offered to pregnant women ( who appear to be particularly vulnerable, representing a relatively large proportion of those who have died from Swine Flu, the reasons for this are as yet not clear ) Those with underlying medical conditions and the elderly. The week after it will be rolled out to those who request it.
The vaccination being offered is certainly not untested . It is the same as that already offered to Australians,( thanks Oz .)
Currently Swine Flu is killing one in a hundred people who catch it. It is particularly virulent among young people . The reason for that is believed to be the fact that the virus concerned is suffiently similar to that involved in previous flu pandemics for older people to have a degree of immunity.
We are not talking here about a heavy cold. It is a nasty and debilitating illness.
The big fear is that at some point in the next few months that it will mutate, this is a frequent occurance with flu viruses, and become lethal to a wider section of the population. I will be having my vaccination soon and I would urge everyone to do the same. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

I should point out that in the UK everyone will be offered the same vaccination, from The Prime Minister to the woman or man on the street. The Australian trials show it to be far far less risky than is swine flu.
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Well, you are getting the tested version. I was thinking about getting it too,although my experience with vaccinations is not good.

The last flu vaccination I got had me sick in bed with very high fever for 2 days.

A real flue I once caught was over after 4 days under homeopathic medication.

Got sick on a Tuesday, and was back out doing groceries for my dependants on Saturday, feeling healthy.

I also had a patient coming to me who got sick after the vaccination and couldn't recover for weeks,her doctors telling her she has to live with it.

Tell a mother who cares for several people to live with it... :roll:

Homeopathic treatment completely restored her strenght within a very short time.

A friend was here this morning who told me that in the winter where she got a flu vaccination she either had frequent common colds or just one, returning,
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

Everyone will have to do a little research on this one Anna, and come to their own conclusions. I must say I think its odd that your goverment is putting out two versions. Although I notice that Angela says that she is having the " ordinary " one ....
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

It is odd, isn't it?

Did you get to see Angela saying that on TV? So it is "news" by you?

PS: I assume there is a scarcity of the better version....hm... :shrug:
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

It was mentioned in a newpaper report Anna.
Potato

Post by Potato »

The mercury used in vaccine preservatives (the most common preservative is Thimerosal) is ethyl mercury, which is completely excreted from the human body in about a week and a half. Methyl mercury is the one that is deadly poisonous and accumulates in the body rather than being expelled.

http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/news/stor ... fm?id=1848" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ben

Post by Ben »

We've had a swine flu vaccine freely available to the public in Australia for well over a month - if not longer. All one needs to do is to visit their general practitioner and it is administered, the cost of which is picked up by the government.
To date, there has been very little in the way of adverse reactions being reported.
kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
pink_trike

Post by pink_trike »

I've never gotten a flu vaccination, and I haven't had the flu since I was a teenage. I'm not going to take this one either. The few times I've gotten what might have been early symptoms (scratchy throat, headache) I go to my acu/herbalist and nip it in the bud.

I may consider wearing a face mask during my flight to Thailand from California in April.
Vision is Mind
Mind is Empty
Emptiness is Clear Light
Clear Light is Union
Union is Great Bliss

- Dawa Gyaltsen

---

Disclaimer: I'm a non-religious practitioner of Theravada, Mahayana/Vajrayana, and Tibetan Bon Dzogchen mind-training.
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

Your choice Pink Trike, this one is different. Its killing people, and not just " malnourished Mexicans ". In my wifes hospital they have had two swine flu related deaths in the last week. Both were people with no underlying health issues. One was 28 years old. Get the jab and thank me later.
cooran

Post by cooran »

Hello all,

I work in the Health Department, and we are offering free injections to all who come at hospitals, General practitioners and clinics.
I had mine a few weeks ago, and so has my elderly mother.
No problems for either of us.

The second wave of swine flue is expected to be the worst.
http://www.healthemergency.gov.au/inter ... ishing.nsf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

PeterB wrote:Your choice Pink Trike, this one is different. Its killing people, and not just " malnourished Mexicans ". In my wifes hospital they have had two swine flu related deaths in the last week. Both were people with no underlying health issues. One was 28 years old. Get the jab and thank me later.
Peter, that is typical for all influenzas.

A certain percentage of (weak) individuals will die.

One risk group is young people who don't have the immunity screen yet older people have built up, through "contact".

I haven't gotten a flu shot since I was 20. I'd definitely recommend the vaccination for endangered groups.
Sanghamitta

Post by Sanghamitta »

This one Anna is killing more people per head of the population than any flu since the 1950's. Its also blocking hospital beds and taking up Intensive Care facilities to such a degree that the second wave that Chris mentions is likely to overwhelm the Health Services of any country where it gets a hold unless a significant proportion are vaccinated. The fact that a particular individual may be less vulnerable does not mean that they will not pass it on to those that are vulnerable. The vaccination appears to offer a high degree of immunity with one shot.
The going for refuge is the door of entrance to the teachings of the Buddha.

Bhikku Bodhi.
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Chris wrote:Hello all,

I work in the Health Department, and we are offering free injections to all who come at hospitals, General practitioners and clinics.
I had mine a few weeks ago, and so has my elderly mother.
No problems for either of us.

The second wave of swine flue is expected to be the worst.
http://www.healthemergency.gov.au/inter ... ishing.nsf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

metta,
Chris
Chris, why indigenous people?
Other people who may need additional advice and monitoring by a healthcare provider if they develop severe flu-like-symptoms include:

* Smokers
* People with obstructive sleep apnoea
* Children under the age of 2 years
* Indigenous Australians