Introducing Hsiaoshuang

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Hsiaoshuang

Introducing Hsiaoshuang

Post by Hsiaoshuang »

Greetings everyone,

I'm from Singapore, middle-age, a journalist most of my life and now working as a Web content manager and editor for several public portals.

I'm actively practising Vipassana meditation at the Singapore Vipassana Mediation Centre under the guidance and instruction of our Burmese monks and teachers.

After almost 30 years as a cynical newspaper journalist reporting, commenting and expressing loud opinions on almost everything under the sun, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the only workable solutions and secrets of success have already been expounded by Lord Buddha in the Suttas.

I love to read articles and books on motivation, positive thinking and life's strategies, but again I realised -- after extensive browsing of the Suttas -- that everything expedient, practical and beneficial, can be found in the Blessed Lord's discourses.

I hope to learn from members of this forum the insights that you too have gained from studying the Holy Dhamma and from meditation practice.

Sadhu, sadhu, sadhu!

PS. I have a personal Web site for my own reading pleasure and self-development where I reproduced excerpts from Buddhist books and writings; you may like to check it out: http://frontpath.homestead.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
andrewuk

Re: Introducing Hsiaoshuang

Post by andrewuk »

Hello,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

I felt like I found a new world after practising Vipassana meditation! It is indeed amazing that Gotama already expressed many insights into lives and lay lives even 2500 years ago and they are still most relevant in today's society and world!

Welcome again!

Andrew
Meditate, don't be negligent, lest you may later regret it!
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

Perhaps you know of Ven. Dhammika? He is the spiritual director of Buddha Dhamma Mandala Society in Singapore. Right now he is on pilgrimage in the Himalayas, but maybe you have met him previously?

Although no longer calling himself specifically a Theravada monk, he still teaches from the Pali Canon.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Hsiaoshuang
From another practitioner of vipassana, welcome to Dhamma Wheel!
I hope to get to know you soon.
metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
BlackBird

Post by BlackBird »

Hi there Hsioshaung
Great to have you with us.

:anjali:
Jack
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Path Press - Ñāṇavīra Thera Dhamma Page - Ajahn Nyanamoli's Dhamma talks
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Hsioshaung,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
zavk

Post by zavk »

Welcome! I grew up in Singapore but live in Australia now. Hope to read more of your posts.

David: I visited Ven. Dhammika when I was in Singapore in June-July. Had a nice chat with him. Very kind of him to give me a copy of his book.
With metta,
zavk
Vardali

Post by Vardali »

welcome and looking forward on your insights :)