I can't get up in the morning... Problem with lethargy

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
rolling_boulder

I can't get up in the morning... Problem with lethargy

Post by rolling_boulder »

Hello,

I am having a lot of trouble with waking up in the morning recently. I usually get up at 5 to arrive at school by 7 but it seems like periodically I run into times where I just can't will myself to do it. It doesn't seem related to the amount of sleep I get, I am just always tired and want to sleep regardless of whether I got 9 or 6 hours of sleep the previous night. I constantly have the urge to nap, but napping doesn't really seem to help, it only makes me more woozy afterwards.

This behavior isn't really the normal "me" as I'm usually a very active person and lately I've even stopped going to the gym.

During the day I am also sleepy for most of the day until the evening when I really "wake up".

I have no trouble falling asleep, and I sleep like a rock for the most part. I can't wrap my head around why I would feel so tired all the time.

The worst part is, meditation (which from what I have heard, should be energizing) is draining for me and seems to sap my energy quite a bit.

Could you offer some advice, friends?

I'd appreciate it greatly.
Thanks!
The world is swept away. It does not endure...
The world is without shelter, without protector...
The world is without ownership. One has to pass on, leaving everything behind...
The world is insufficient, insatiable, a slave to craving.
Aloka

Re: I can't get up in the morning... Problem with lethargy

Post by Aloka »

Hi r_b,

It would be a good idea to see a doctor to have a health check - because the tiredness could possibly be a symptom of illness or lack of the correct nutrients in your diet.

Kind regards,

Aloka
LXNDR

Post by LXNDR »

what Aloka said
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

It could be your diet or some other health problem, so good to check into that.
Or it could be stress or perhaps a mild bout of depression. You might be stressed about your school and/or work and how you are doing there. Do you worry about how you are doing with your classes? Of course, some concern is okay, for motivation to perform better, but excessive worry causes too much stress.
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Aloka wrote:Hi r_b,

It would be a good idea to see a doctor to have a health check - because the tiredness could possibly be a symptom of illness or lack of the correct nutrients in your diet.

Kind regards,

Aloka
:goodpost:
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
bodom

Post by bodom »

coffee.png
coffee.png (7.66 KiB) Viewed 3634 times
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
daverupa

Post by daverupa »

When you consult a medical professional, also ask about vitamin D and maybe have them run a blood test.
  • "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.

- Sedaka Sutta [SN 47.19]
Viscid

Post by Viscid »

"What holds attention determines action." - William James
chownah

Post by chownah »

The OP is consistent with life not going well and wanting to avoid it. Is school not going well?...a relationship?...concern for the future?....etc.
chownah
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

I'M KIDDING!!!

Don't do drugs. I wouldn't recommend getting addicted to coffee either. Though of course caffeine is a drug and coffee is its most enjoyable delivery system ...