ice cream or not ice cream

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
mario92

ice cream or not ice cream

Post by mario92 »

I dont knoe if i should eat ice cream: 1 because it contains caffeine which is in the chocolate and is adicitive, two: because in the past i followed a diet that brought me hapiness and joy in even one day but today i dony know this if i should refrain, contain, and to renounce this forever because the diet is always correct (i think) or is it no problem if i want to practice the virtues, in short words wich is better what is first generosity and morality or renunciation? I think i cannot follow the diet because my father always buy ice cream, cookies Sweet food and thrash food. Please give mr your advice.
appicchato

Re: icr cream or not ice cream

Post by appicchato »

Viva Mexicali!...Viva Mexico!... :thumbsup:

Un poco helado es no hay problema...
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

mario92 wrote:I dont knoe if i should eat ice cream: 1 because it contains caffeine which is in the chocolate and is adicitive, two: because in the past i followed a diet that brought me hapiness and joy in even one day but today i dony know this if i should refrain, contain, and to renounce this forever because the diet is always correct (i think) or is it no problem if i want to practice the virtues, in short words wich is better what is first generosity and morality or renunciation? I think i cannot follow the diet because my father always buy ice cream, cookies Sweet food and thrash food. Please give mr your advice.
In the canon, generosity and morality usually precede renunciation in the training. So my advice based on this is to give as much and as wisely as you feel comfortable with; keep the precepts; and to eat as much ice cream as you like until you feel a stronger urge to give it up.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

appicchato wrote:Viva Mexicali!...Viva Mexico!... :thumbsup:
Un poco helado es no hay problema...
Y chocolate también (and some chocolate too)

Chocolate has only trace amounts of caffeine.

"Any religion that embraces carob is no religion for Carl Carlsen." (Carl of the Simpsons)

Milk chocolate, chocolate candies, however, do have lots of calories and fat. Dark chocolate is not so bad, for example, semi-sweet dark chocolate chips.
TheNoBSBuddhist

Post by TheNoBSBuddhist »

mario92 wrote:I dont knoe if i should eat ice cream: 1 because it contains caffeine which is in the chocolate and is adicitive, two: because in the past i followed a diet that brought me hapiness and joy in even one day but today i dony know this if i should refrain, contain, and to renounce this forever because the diet is always correct (i think) or is it no problem if i want to practice the virtues, in short words wich is better what is first generosity and morality or renunciation? I think i cannot follow the diet because my father always buy ice cream, cookies Sweet food and thrash food. Please give mr your advice.
Could you give it up, if you wanted to?

if the answer is yes, then keep eating it.

When you feel that you could not possibly give it up, ever - then, is the time to stop eating it.
:namaste:

You will not be punished FOR your 'emotions'; you will be punished BY your 'emotions'.

Pay attention, simplify, and (Meditation instruction in a nutshell) "Mind - the Gap."
‘Absit invidia verbo’ - may ill-will be absent from the word. And mindful of that, if I don't respond, this may be why....
mario92

Post by mario92 »

thank you all of you dhamma friends :jumping: you made me joyfull :clap: i will try to follow your advice ;),you have told me very good answers, sadhu :)
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Sam Vara wrote:In the canon, generosity and morality usually precede renunciation in the training. So my advice based on this is to give as much and as wisely as you feel comfortable with; keep the precepts; and to eat as much ice cream as you like until you feel a stronger urge to give it up.
:goodpost:
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
manas

Post by manas »

Hi mario

eating ice cream does not break any precepts, so it is fine. Personally I love it. But of course, moderation is going to be better for your body, than over-indulgence. I only rarely eat it now, but when I do, I let myself enjoy it. It's not a sin. :smile:

kind regards
manas
To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.
corrine

Post by corrine »

If you are simply worried about the caffeine, then eat a flavor other than chocolate. Vanilla, strawberry or any of the other many flavors with no chocolate.

corrine
thepea

Post by thepea »

Eat and be happy.
lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor »

TheNoBSBuddhist wrote:
Could you give it up, if you wanted to?

if the answer is yes, then keep eating it.

When you feel that you could not possibly give it up, ever - then, is the time to stop eating it.
I hope you don't apply your formula to eating food in general otherwise I'm pretty sure you'll end up a Breatharian!!
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/