Greetings, fellow followers!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
TheNoBSBuddhist

Re: Greetings, fellow followers!

Post by TheNoBSBuddhist »

British people also use the term feller....

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/defin ... ler#feller

And as I am a Scot, I didn't think this would generate such etymological interest.... :thinking:
:namaste:

You will not be punished FOR your 'emotions'; you will be punished BY your 'emotions'.

Pay attention, simplify, and (Meditation instruction in a nutshell) "Mind - the Gap."
‘Absit invidia verbo’ - may ill-will be absent from the word. And mindful of that, if I don't respond, this may be why....
Crazy cloud

Post by Crazy cloud »

then it's obvious that this must be no true scotsman .. :tongue:
Person A: "No Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."
Person B: "I am Scottish, and I put sugar on my porridge."
Person A: "Well, no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."
If you didn't care
What happened to me
And I didn't care for you

We would zig-zag our way
Through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain

Wondering which of the
Buggers to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing
- Roger Waters
TheNoBSBuddhist

Hell---ooooo..... I just posted a comment in a thread titled 'Kamma' and apprently I am under moderator scrutiny.... Could someone tell me what I have done wrong?
I don't recall breaking any regulations.... :cry:

You will not be punished FOR your 'emotions'; you will be punished BY your 'emotions'.

Pay attention, simplify, and (Meditation instruction in a nutshell) "Mind - the Gap."
‘Absit invidia verbo’ - may ill-will be absent from the word. And mindful of that, if I don't respond, this may be why....
culaavuso

Post by culaavuso »

TheNoBSBuddhist wrote:Hell---ooooo..... I just posted a comment in a thread titled 'Kamma' and apprently I am under moderator scrutiny.... Could someone tell me what I have done wrong?
I don't recall breaking any regulations.... :cry:
All posts in the "Discovering Theravada" forum are subject to moderator approval before they are published. See Guidelines for the Discovering Theravada forum for more information.
TheNoBSBuddhist

Ah, I see.
Well, the post has appeared, so obviously, I did not offend any sensibilities.

Thanks. :sage:

TheNoBSBuddhist

I HAVE A LAPTOP!! Through the kindness and selfless generosity of an acquaintance, I am now furnished with an easier means of accessing this website.

How kind!

Sorry for you all, though!! :tongue:

Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

TheNoBSBuddhist wrote:I HAVE A LAPTOP!! Through the kindness and selfless generosity of an acquaintance, I am now furnished with an easier means of accessing this website.

How kind!

Sorry for you all, though!! :tongue:

I'm sure your benefactor has acquired merit by supplying the gadget.
Dana comes in funny forms these days, doesn't it?

:coffee:
Kim
TheNoBSBuddhist

This is a test:

great website
Last edited by TheNoBSBuddhist on Sat May 31, 2014 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daverupa

Post by daverupa »

:clap:
  • "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.

- Sedaka Sutta [SN 47.19]
TheNoBSBuddhist

Thank you thank you... it was nothing, really!!

Thanks daverupa!!

Any way to reduce image size, or is it as it happens...?!

daverupa

Post by daverupa »

It involves reIMG, I think, which is a possible feature of phpBB, but beyond that I'm unsure whether it's present at this site, or if so, what to write to engage it.

This would be the demarcation between a hobbyist and someone with actual knowledge...

---

It can go something like this, at present:

{img width=500 height=500}image url{/img}

though with square brackets instead of curvy braces.

---

Or not... hmm...
  • "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.

waterchan

Post by waterchan »

TheNoBSBuddhist wrote: Any way to reduce image size, or is it as it happens...?!
By "size" I'm assuming you mean dimensions and not file size. I don't think this forum has such a feature.

You can download the photo and open it in Paint, which I'm sure you have installed if your computer uses Windows. Use the resize feature, and save.

Then you can attach the resized image in your post.

By the way, congratulations on your laptop and sadhu to your benefactor. :smile:
Last edited by waterchan on Sat May 31, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
(Anything in Latin sounds profound.)
daverupa

Post by daverupa »

The above code would work if we had reIMG, an optional appendage for phpBB, if I understand correctly. But I'm autodidactically researching this, which can be perilous.

waterchan

Post by waterchan »

daverupa wrote:But I'm autodidactically researching this, which can be perilous.
I think every decent computer person out there is used to learning things the perilous way!
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
(Anything in Latin sounds profound.)
TheNoBSBuddhist

waterchan wrote:
TheNoBSBuddhist wrote: Any way to reduce image size, or is it as it happens...?!
By "size" I'm assuming you mean dimensions and not file size. I don't think this forum has such a feature.

You can download the photo and open it in Paint, which I'm sure you have installed if your computer uses Windows. Use the resize feature, and save.

Then you can attach the resized image in your post.
I'm so archaic in mentality, I'm still trying to use tippex on my screen. :jumping:

Yes, I have 'paint' but it's all too much trouble.
Besides, at the speed people post on here, with my slowness, the discussion would have moved on, making any attempt on my part, probably redundant!!
:tongue:
By the way, congratulations on your laptop and sadhu to your benefactor. :smile:
He is a very kind man. And indeed, sadhu in spades, it was most selfless of him.