Brian Ruhe and Representation

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Dan74

Re: Brian Ruhe and Representation

Post by Dan74 »

I think the trouble with your statements, Brian, are not just that they are divisive, but that they are misinformed.
_/|\_
Sokehi

Post by Sokehi »

I'm wondering what that fascination for that massmurder Adolf Hitler and anti-jewish propaganda is all about you are showing up there on youtube:
Brian Ruhe

This stirring speech is also on The Greatest Story Never Told, segment 17 at minute 12:43 . Looking back on the Fuehrer's powerful riveting speech, it is prophetic as he really nailed it. He states exactly what our problem is in the world today and he gave direction for a real future which brought the benefit to the people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ7udm9 ... ILBHo4rkXA

Seriously Mr. Ruhe, being raised in germany in a family that has suffered tremendously under the fascist regime you've lost all credibility in my eyes to utter another single word about buddhism. If you think the "Führers" speech is prophetic, you might better rethink where you take refuge in. Out.
Get the wanting out of waiting

What does womanhood matter at all, when the mind is concentrated well, when knowledge flows on steadily as one sees correctly into Dhamma. One to whom it might occur, ‘I am a woman’ or ‘I am a man’ or ‘I’m anything at all’ is fit for Mara to address. – SN 5.2

If they take what's yours, tell yourself that you're making it a gift.
Otherwise there will be no end to the animosity. - Ajahn Fuang Jotiko

https://www.youtube.com/user/Repeataarrr
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Sokehi wrote:I'm wondering what that fascination for that massmurder Adolf Hitler and anti-jewish propaganda is all about you are showing up there on youtube:
Brian Ruhe

This stirring speech is also on The Greatest Story Never Told, segment 17 at minute 12:43 . Looking back on the Fuehrer's powerful riveting speech, it is prophetic as he really nailed it. He states exactly what our problem is in the world today and he gave direction for a real future which brought the benefit to the people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ7udm9 ... ILBHo4rkXA

Seriously Mr. Ruhe, being raised in germany in a family that has suffered tremendously under the fascist regime you've lost all credibility in my eyes to utter another single word about buddhism. If you think the "Führers" speech is prophetic, you might better rethink where you take refuge in. Out.
That video is horrifying. I don't understand how anyone who loves harmlessness could like that kind of stuff.

Mr Ruhe,

Do you seriously hold Hitler in high regard? If not, why would you make such a comment?
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
Sea Turtle

Post by Sea Turtle »

I'm wondering if someone is using Mr. Ruhe's YouTube account details to post comments in his name without his knowledge (i.e., impersonation)?

It seems a plausible explanation. I don't know Mr. Ruhe, nor am I familiar with his work, but it seems fair to offer the benefit of the doubt until he is able to respond.

Kind wishes,
Helena
:anjali:

[Edited to add the word "comments" in the first sentence for clarity.]
Last edited by Sea Turtle on Wed May 21, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Where is this video by Brian Ruhe? I clicked that link and there was a video by Sebastian Klimek of only 2 minutes long, nothing about Brian Ruhe.
Sea Turtle

Post by Sea Turtle »

It's not Brian Ruhe's video, but he has (supposedly) posted comments about the video below it.

Kind wishes,
Helena
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

It also appears to be on his YouTube video playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BrianRuhe

Sokehi

Post by Sokehi »

David N. Snyder wrote:Where is this video by Brian Ruhe? I clicked that link and there was a video by Sebastian Klimek of only 2 minutes long, nothing about Brian Ruhe.
I became aware of him liking that video and posting this praise or whatever of it underneath it:
Brian Ruhe
vor 1 Tag

it's the first comment. Besides that many "Hitler" videos in his like list (which is weired but one could think about it as interest in history, but that obvious praise of a "prophetic Adolf Hitler" is really something insightful), as well as some of David Irving, a if not THE most notorious revisionist who denies that something like the holocaust ever happened :juggling:

But I'm out of here, it seems very odd to say the least but everyone might see for himself/herself.

What does womanhood matter at all, when the mind is concentrated well, when knowledge flows on steadily as one sees correctly into Dhamma. One to whom it might occur, ‘I am a woman’ or ‘I am a man’ or ‘I’m anything at all’ is fit for Mara to address. – SN 5.2

Sea Turtle

Post by Sea Turtle »

Aloka, I see it cataloged in the playlist now. :shock: And another comment by Mr. Ruhe appears under his first:

"It did take many hours of reflection and insight after studying the evidence for years. The truth, the revisionist history which is now easily found on the web has been the biggest surprise for me in recent years. The big insight is that Hitler was not the person we have been told about for the past 70 years. The research work is there for you to do and it is worth it. The rewards of truth are deep and truth is the sweetest reward of all."

At first it was difficult for my mind to compute how this could come from a "Buddhist teacher," but there it is.
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

It's very simple folks. The Establishment (controlled by the Bankers) has been taking us all for a ride. Mr Hitler tried to save us from the Bankers, but he lost and history got rewritten by the winners, as always.

Or something along these lines.

These memes are so pernicious precisely because they are simple and appealing, especially to people with certain emotional makeups. Dhamma is unfortunately not going to lead one to liberation from delusion, if delusion is more dear.
_/|\_
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

You forgot to mention that the bankers are a cabal of Satanic Jews. Or maybe they're reptilian aliens.

Yes, some people actually believe this stuff.

:alien:
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

You are behind the times, my friend. Satanic Jews = reptilian aliens.
_/|\_
Sea Turtle

Post by Sea Turtle »

"This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy prohibiting hate speech."

:clap:
Sokehi

Post by Sokehi »

:woohoo: youtube is quite quick, I just flagged it yesterday! But I most certainly am not interested to go all through the Hitler-Himmler-Holocaustdenial-Videos on his liked video list. This vid has been enough to develop a proper sense of disgust.

Sea Turtle

Post by Sea Turtle »

Thank you, Sokehi, for taking that action! Excellent.

Wishing you the best,
Helena