Fast wound treatment ?

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
purple planet

Fast wound treatment ?

Post by purple planet »

for a wound around 3*3 cm with a bit of blood and puss - and i want to heal it as fast as possible - what is the fastest way to heal it ? and also what do you think of those honey based wound-treating products ?
waterchan

Re: Fast wound treatment ?

Post by waterchan »

I really think the best way to heal it is to disinfect it regularly and keep it disinfected. Eat a nutritious diet and get lots of sleep. Your body does most of the healing and your job is to assist it by keeping the wound clean and giving it the resources it needs.

Also read this StackExchange thread: http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/quest ... lways-be-b

Use diluted Dettol for painless disinfection. A couple of decades ago people used rubbing alcohol to disinfect cuts and the only difference is that it hurts.
Last edited by waterchan on Mon May 12, 2014 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
(Anything in Latin sounds profound.)
TheNoBSBuddhist

Post by TheNoBSBuddhist »

Turmeric powder is highly disinfectant.
Lavender essential oil and tea tree essential oil are both antibiotic.
Aloe vera gel is extremely effective against skin lesions, allergic topical reactions and sunburn.
:namaste:

You will not be punished FOR your 'emotions'; you will be punished BY your 'emotions'.

Pay attention, simplify, and (Meditation instruction in a nutshell) "Mind - the Gap."
‘Absit invidia verbo’ - may ill-will be absent from the word. And mindful of that, if I don't respond, this may be why....
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

I forget what it is called, but at pharmacies they have a powder type chemical (first aid section) that you put directly on the wound and it makes it clot immediately, speeding up the healing process.

Of course, if it persists or worsens, see a nurse or physician.
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

waterchan wrote:Use diluted Dettol for painless disinfection. A couple of decades ago people used rubbing alcohol to disinfect cuts and the only difference is that it hurts.
That's very helpful, thanks.
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Hi PP
Small wounds could be very dangerous.
Please consult a doctor.
By the way I like to share this with you:
I had bleeding gum decease for many years.
I went to this dentist (he is very unconventional) and he ask me to apply hydrogen peroxide (3% solution) using tiny tooth brushes.
I was cured within a week.
Now I use HP as mouthwash (diluted) when I have sore throat and apply to small wounds too.
HP is a cheap over the counter medicine.
Very effective!

:anjali:
Karuna
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

Pus is a sign of infection. See a doctor. Sepsis kills people.
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig