I am a "buddha"

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
gben

Re: I am a "buddha"

Post by gben »

Mkoll wrote:
Sure. Here are a few.
gben wrote: This has never been before and never will again for it is dead.

There are no steps to freedom,there is only freedom and self.

You will find it when you no longer wonder where it is or what it is.

A debate is between two things, Since there are only two things to debate, only one debate is necessary..

What appears here is not thinking, only seeing. Anything written following "gben" can be found anywhere and everywhere else, it belongs to no one, look and see.

The only person who sees people are those who separate them from the rest of life.

Say this to yourself: "This has never been before and never will again for it is dead".

You have never been before and will never be again. The you of each moment is gone when the moment is gone.

"You will find it when you no longer wonder where it is or what it is. "

Definitions exist only for those who hold them. So that which is undefinable can never be seen by those who already know where it is and what it looks like.

"A debate is between two things, Since there are only two things to debate, only one debate is necessary.."

Only two things exist for YOU, and those two things are you and what is not you. To find freedom the only good use of time is that spent learning the difference.

I have to go, maybe I can finish another time.
purple planet

Post by purple planet »

purple planet wrote:gben can you please tell us about yourself - no need to get into details like name and what city but in general like
what country are you from ? for how long do you practice ? what way did you use to meditate ?

If what follows can not stand by itself then it is not real, for nothing real is dependent.

If something is "used" to meditate, then it is not meditation. If one sits cultivating an image, then all they will acquire is the ability to cultivate that image. If one needs a location or material object to "meditate" , then it is not meditation as only the self needs possessions. If the real world is not dependent on an image or any object, then why would anything that is real? When there is no image or object or thought then there is meditation and freedom.

so you didnt meditate and didnt do nothing else and you became a buddha all of a sudden ?
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

gben wrote:
tiltbillings wrote:And this makes you a Buddha? According to who?

How many definitions are there for you to choose from?
Yes, well, a lot of verbal dancing. Not very elegant, and not at all convincing. I wonder, however, beyond your trollish word-play schtick, if you actually anything to say. Seems not.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

gben wrote:Say this to yourself: "This has never been before and never will again for it is dead".

You have never been before and will never be again. The you of each moment is gone when the moment is gone.

If "you" never was before, there is no need to say it will never be again. How can it never be again if it never was before in the first place? What defines "you" in your system?
gben wrote:"You will find it when you no longer wonder where it is or what it is. "

Definitions exist only for those who hold them. So that which is undefinable can never be seen by those who already know where it is and what it looks like.

Are you making an epistemological statement here about definitions, positing that they "exist"? What is your definition of "definitions"? What defines "existence" in your system? What is their relationship to this "you"?
gben wrote:"A debate is between two things, Since there are only two things to debate, only one debate is necessary.."

Only two things exist for YOU, and those two things are you and what is not you. To find freedom the only good use of time is that spent learning the difference.

Again, your position depends on the definitions of the terms you use.

~~~

Please provide concrete answers, not riddles or vagueness. If you can't clearly define your terms and make the specifics of your position clear, then I'm afraid we cannot communicate on this level much further. Your argument makes no sense to me as it stands now.
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
greeneggsandsam

Post by greeneggsandsam »

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough - Albert Einstein.
If you think nibbana is better than samsara, then you've missed the point - Ajahn Sumedho
Crazy cloud

Post by Crazy cloud »

purple planet wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum its nice you joined :twothumbsup: maybe you can take part in the debate in other threads :hello:
insight express .. :tongue:

If you didn't care
What happened to me
And I didn't care for you

We would zig-zag our way
Through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain

Wondering which of the
Buggers to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing
- Roger Waters