Like function?

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
TheNoBSBuddhist

Could we have a 'like' button....

Post by TheNoBSBuddhist »

...in posts to click on, if we like what that member has contributed, but don't necessarily feel a raft of words in response, is warranted?

Even the 'good posting' emoticon means we have to post.... being able to simply 'like' a post would be so much simpler.
:namaste:

You will not be punished FOR your 'emotions'; you will be punished BY your 'emotions'.

Pay attention, simplify, and (Meditation instruction in a nutshell) "Mind - the Gap."
‘Absit invidia verbo’ - may ill-will be absent from the word. And mindful of that, if I don't respond, this may be why....
Crazy cloud

Re: Could we have a 'like' button....

Post by Crazy cloud »

I find this way :goodpost: + a few words describing what one likes especially , the best in the long run

It makes the feedback more personal and sincere, in my opinion

best regards :)
If you didn't care
What happened to me
And I didn't care for you

We would zig-zag our way
Through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain

Wondering which of the
Buggers to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing
- Roger Waters
TheNoBSBuddhist

Sure.... But I can bet your bottom dollar that if a 'like' button existed, you'd use that instead, if all you wanted to do was to show approval.

Both options would cover the bases..........

You will not be punished FOR your 'emotions'; you will be punished BY your 'emotions'.

Pay attention, simplify, and (Meditation instruction in a nutshell) "Mind - the Gap."
‘Absit invidia verbo’ - may ill-will be absent from the word. And mindful of that, if I don't respond, this may be why....
Crazy cloud

Post by Crazy cloud »

No, I would not have done it the easiest way .. ;)

In another forum I use to visit, they have that option, and often it seems to me that the "like-button" only signals to the monkeys: come and join in the cirkus :stirthepot: , and dont forget to bring your drums along .. :woohoo:
If you didn't care
What happened to me
And I didn't care for you

We would zig-zag our way
Through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain

Wondering which of the
Buggers to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing
- Roger Waters
TheNoBSBuddhist

well thank you for your comments. I await the response from Admin; after all, they have the authority to make this decision....

Thanks.

TheNoBSBuddhist

That answers my question!

:goodpost:

:clap:

:twothumbsup:

:bow:

That will do nicely, I think!

:jumping:

m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

Good policy. There are plenty of boards where popularity contests and the lowest common denominator dictate content. Dhammawheel is a nice refuge from that sort of thing.
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
Jetavan

Post by Jetavan »

Personally, I was hoping for a 'crave' button.
TheNoBSBuddhist

Oooooh Yesss!

I want one, I want one, I want one, I want one, I want one!!

:woohoo: :rofl:

Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

m0rl0ck wrote:
Good policy. There are plenty of boards where popularity contests and the lowest common denominator dictate content. Dhammawheel is a nice refuge from that sort of thing.
Yes, it is. And trying to be popular is hard work anyway. ;)
Buddha save me from new-agers!
TheNoBSBuddhist

I don't need to try..... :tongue:

:rolleye:

Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

m0rl0ck wrote:

:P
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

:goodpost:
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

:focus:
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta