Common Meditation Posture Mistakes

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
PsychedelicSunSet

Common Meditation Posture Mistakes

Post by PsychedelicSunSet »

My "sit through the pain" mentality finally caught up with me. I woke up this morning with terrible pains in my hip and shoulder. Deciding I finally need to address the issue of my posture, and not just keep applying bandaids, I put my hard headedness aside and set out seeking a permanent end to my problem. What I found was this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qil5mmjuaIs. After watching it, I realized I've been making almost every single one of those mistakes. Upon adjusting my cushion size (at this point I've now removed 5 zip locks worth of buckwheat from my zafu, yeesh) and following the posture suggested in the video the most comfortable sit I've ever had ensued. Once I made the adjustments suggested in the video, my half lotus position became uncomfortable and I instead sat in full lotus (something I've never been able to do for a full hour till now) and now see why it is so recommended for support of good posture. I'm writing this post in hopes that my brothers/sisters in poor posture may find benefit in this video (or simply just the ideas expressed in it) and live to sit (on the floor) another day.

:anjali:
Metta
Mkoll

Re: Common Meditation Posture Mistakes

Post by Mkoll »

Favorited. Thanks for sharing.

:thanks:
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
LinLin64

Re: Common Meditation Posture Mistakes