Forum slowdown for anyone?

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
Mkoll

Forum slowdown for anyone?

Post by Mkoll »

The past few days the site has sometimes been slow to load. Sometimes the page "Internal Server Error 500" comes up. Other times, the site is fine. I know it's not my internet connection because other sites load fine while this one is slow. But it may be some cookies or caching or some sort of browser problem on my end.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

:anjali:
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
Babadhari

Re: Forum slowdown for anyone?

Post by Babadhari »

hi james

it has happened this connection a couple of times as well
Aflame with the fire of passion, the fire of aversion, the fire of delusion.
Aflame, with birth, aging & death, with sorrows, lamentations, pains, distresses, & despairs ......

Seeing thus, the disciple of the Noble One grows disenchanted. SN 35.28
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

Mkoll wrote: Is anyone else experiencing this?
Yes, but OK today. Maybe it just means Dhamma Wheel is really popular..... :tongue:
Buddha save me from new-agers!
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Dear friends,

I've been getting all sorts of website problems. The page will load partway with a few graphics then freeze for thirty seconds, then finally load or it will timeout. Or I'll click on a post and instantly get one of those error pages - I don't think it's the 404 error but its the same kind of page. Or I click something and it loads really slow. This happens on and off; much of the time, the site works fine and pages load almost instantaneously. The difference is striking.

Am I the only one here getting these problems?

Sorry to bring this up again but I just want to see if I'm alone. :cry:

daverupa

Post by daverupa »

I have seen these things as well; but as Lewis Black reminds us, "IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" so I just open the other DW for a spell and ctrl+r over here later on. If both are affected, well, the world is my oyster...
  • "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.

- Sedaka Sutta [SN 47.19]
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Dear Dave,

You've been a member and regular here for a while. Has it always been like this or is this a recent phenomenon?

It only started for me last month. Although, I have been coming here much more recently so maybe I'm just noticing what's already there...?

daverupa

Post by daverupa »

Something like the last few months, while before that I don't recall similar glitches.
  • "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.

- Sedaka Sutta [SN 47.19]
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

Mkoll wrote:Dear Dave,

You've been a member and regular here for a while. Has it always been like this or is this a recent phenomenon?

It only started for me last month. Although, I have been coming here much more recently so maybe I'm just noticing what's already there...?

It's fine for me 99% of the time (okay, maybe only 98% but who cares, really), including the last few months.
:shrug:
Maybe it's not the site so much as your own link to it?

:namaste:
Kim
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Dear friends,

Kim:
I don't think it's on my end because when the website is in cahoots, I try other websites and they load perfectly. Every time this has happened in my whole experience on the internet, it is a problem with that specific website.

The site is working great this morning. No problems at all, everything is loading instantaneously.

Any mods/admins/webmaster/server maintenance person have any words on this?

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Mkoll wrote: Any mods/admins/webmaster/server maintenance person have any words on this?
I haven't had any problems even trying from different locations, such as home, business, another state when traveling. When I contact the web hoster to discuss a problem, the first thing they do is try it on their end. They are located in East coast of U.S. and the UK and when they can't duplicate the problem, they can't help.

When you have a problem, try Dharma Wheel and see if that loads any better, also other sites. Also check this out:

http://isup.me/
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Dear David,

Will do. Thanks for the link!