Resolutions for 2014

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Weakfocus

Post by Weakfocus »

chownah wrote:When someone offers you a cigarette you could say,"Oh good, an offering for the gods" and then shred the cigarette and scatter it to the winds saying, "Oh spirits of the wind, better your lungs than mine." And then bow to the four directions. If you do this a couple of times it is likely that you will not be offered cigarettes at all.
chownah
:bow:

ROFL, the mental image of someone actually doing this is hilarious!
Aloka

Re: Resolutions for 2014

Post by Aloka »

chownah wrote:When someone offers you a cigarette you could say,"Oh good, an offering for the gods" and then shred the cigarette and scatter it to the winds saying, "Oh spirits of the wind, better your lungs than mine." And then bow to the four directions. If you do this a couple of times it is likely that you will not be offered cigarettes at all.
chownah
:clap:
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Dear SarathW,

Good for you! Keep it up!

:anjali:
chownah
:rofl:
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
Babadhari

Post by Babadhari »

chownah
brillliant!
Aflame with the fire of passion, the fire of aversion, the fire of delusion.
Aflame, with birth, aging & death, with sorrows, lamentations, pains, distresses, & despairs ......

Seeing thus, the disciple of the Noble One grows disenchanted. SN 35.28
Taijitu

Post by Taijitu »

chownah
:D

My friends would probably keep doing it for comedy value.
http://www.dhammawheel.com/chat/
Unfettered at last, a traveling monk,
I pass the old Zen barrier.
Mine is a traceless stream-and-cloud life,
Of these mountains, which shall be my home?
Manan (1591-1654)