Are there any MP3 Dhamma Teaching with background music?

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Marfa

Re: Are there any MP3 Dhamma Teaching with background music?

Post by Marfa »

What if our friend is an "aural learner" and music helps him/her learning and remembering things, just as underlining and tables help visual individuals?
In this case, music would promote - and not subtract - attention and understanding of the Dhamma.
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

Marfa wrote:What if our friend is an "aural learner" and music helps him/her learning and remembering things, just as underlining and tables help visual individuals?
In this case, music would promote - and not subtract - attention and understanding of the Dhamma.
Instead of speculating about his learning needs, wouldn't it be better to just ask PimoratC why he's interested in Dhamma talks with background music ?

:anjali:
Marfa

Post by Marfa »

Aloka wrote:
Marfa wrote:What if our friend is an "aural learner" and music helps him/her learning and remembering things, just as underlining and tables help visual individuals?
Instead of speculating about his learning needs, wouldn't it be better to just ask PimoratC why he's interested in Dhamma talks with background music ?

:anjali:
I wasn't speculating about his learning style, just trying to point out the obvious, i.e. that attention and focus works differently for different people, so what is annoying to one can be of help for someone else.
Sorry if I didn't get myself understood.