Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance and Wi

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.
Locked
User avatar
m0rl0ck
Posts: 1193
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:51 am

Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance and Wi

Post by m0rl0ck » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:39 am

Interesting article about politics, character and psychology :
Stubbornly resentful people like these hang out in the company of a tenacious trio: denial, resistance, and willful ignorance. They cling to their limited sense of self, embrace the status-quo, and stifle their own inner growth. They are inclined to dislike if not hate anyone who, unlike them, is not suffocating from closed minds and hearts.
http://www.truth-out.org/buzzflash/comm ... -ignorance
Hateful people are beguiled by self-image and diminished by self-centeredness. They can't bring themselves to step out from behind an ego-centered mentality that cuts them off from an appreciation of (and emotional connection to) their own deeper humanity and the people around them. Their ego, which demands allegiance to its self-importance, is experienced as their core or essence. Their only reverence is for the sanctity of self-image. Their hatred is for those who discount this "religion."
Are these accurate descriptions of this segment in american politics?
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig

User avatar
purple planet
Posts: 653
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:07 am
Location: Israel

Re: Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance an

Post by purple planet » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:18 am

- didnt read the article stooped at the start -
Many haters of Barack Obama claim his policies are stifling their freedom. In fact, they dislike him because he's a shining example of what they refuse to become—a civil, considerate, rational, and powerful (in his own self) human being. They want to tear him down so he doesn't make them feel so personally inadequate.
because im a huge obama hater - why ? even though i dont know he might be great in internal u.s politics (as far as i know! which is not much ! health care seems like a good idea or gun control - not sure of nothing though ) in the world politics his a disaster !

i dont really "hate" him but all his actions - so like a monk uses "me" and "i" when there isnt a real self - so do i say i hate obama to describe all the huge damage he has done in the world - yes much more then any president before him - so i think its starting an article with a lie to call his actions :
civil, considerate, rational
I wont explain myself and get to a discussion because i will have to say something about a certain religon and it will brake the TOS - so i will end my part with this post
Last edited by purple planet on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

chownah
Posts: 7362
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance an

Post by chownah » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:24 am

m0rl0ck,
I think you have described everybody except you and me......and I'm not too sure about you.
chownah

User avatar
m0rl0ck
Posts: 1193
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:51 am

Re: Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance an

Post by m0rl0ck » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:36 am

chownah wrote:m0rl0ck,
I think you have described everybody except you and me......and I'm not too sure about you.
chownah
:D

Yeah that was my take on it too. We have met the enemy and he is us. :)
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig

User avatar
tiltbillings
Posts: 23044
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:25 am

Re: Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance an

Post by tiltbillings » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:31 pm

purple planet wrote:- didnt read the article stooped at the start -
Many haters of Barack Obama claim his policies are stifling their freedom. In fact, they dislike him because he's a shining example of what they refuse to become—a civil, considerate, rational, and powerful (in his own self) human being. They want to tear him down so he doesn't make them feel so personally inadequate.
because im a huge obama hater - why ? . . . do i say i hate obama to describe all the huge damage he has done in the world - yes much more then any president before him . . . .
And you have just shown a remarkable ignorance.
I wont explain myself and get to a discussion because i will have to say something about a certain religon and it will brake the TOS - so i will end my part with this post
You think Obama is a Muslim?
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723

User avatar
Modus.Ponens
Posts: 2748
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:38 am
Location: Gallifrey

Re: Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance an

Post by Modus.Ponens » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Must... resist... temptation... to... debate... AAAAGH!!!! :computerproblem:
"He turns his mind away from those phenomena and, having done so, inclines his mind to the property of deathlessness: 'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' " - Jhana Sutta

User avatar
purple planet
Posts: 653
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:07 am
Location: Israel

Re: Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance an

Post by purple planet » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:59 pm

You think Obama is a Muslim?


That wasnt what i meant to imply - i meant that i cant talk about his action which have lots to do with contact to islam and its not ok by TOS to talk bad about other reliogns ( i can understand why and i respect it just wanted to remarke on an article which seemed very narrow minded and biased)
And you have just shown a remarkable ignorance.


Sorry would love to explain but i will stick to not entering a discussion just want to remark that that article is not accurate to say the least - (i read it all and it has other wrong ideas also )
Please send merit to my dog named Mika who has passed away - thanks in advance

User avatar
Modus.Ponens
Posts: 2748
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:38 am
Location: Gallifrey

Re: Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance an

Post by Modus.Ponens » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:17 pm

I was about to criticise you, but then I saw you are from Israel. Take it from someone who neither lives in paranoic fear of islam (which is understandable from an Israeli national) but who knows what the religion is: Obama has n-o-t-h-i-n-g to do with islam. He is a bad president, but not because of any of that. But at least he's not a lizard! :tongue:

This is the best confrontation I've ever seen between a politician and a comedian. After Louis CK suggested that Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney were lizards from outer space who ate mexican babies, Donald Rumsfeld ended apologizing to Louis CK!! :bow:

"He turns his mind away from those phenomena and, having done so, inclines his mind to the property of deathlessness: 'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' " - Jhana Sutta

User avatar
purple planet
Posts: 653
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:07 am
Location: Israel

Re: Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance an

Post by purple planet » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:25 pm

Sorry i didnt want to reply at all - did it in a unmindful moment - but i guess everytime i am in the lounge area i am unmindful

Again i really dont want to reply - i know its an annoying statement lol its just i read the article - and felt i need to say something

but just as a fact obama has huge connection to islam - he talks to iran today - there are now "peace talks" between israel and arabs talks which are with his support - libiya - gadafi , iraq , afghanistan , pakistan ,egypet ,syria ... - every American president has something to do with islam

rohana
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:43 pm

Re: Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance an

Post by rohana » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:45 pm

purple planet wrote:but just as a fact obama has huge connection to islam - he talks to iran today - there are now "peace talks" between israel and arabs talks which are with his support - libiya - gadafi , iraq , afghanistan , pakistan ,egypet ,syria ... - every American president has something to do with islam
So, basically you've re-defined "having something to do with Islam" to "being aware of international politics".

Got it.
Last edited by rohana on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Delighting in existence, O monks, are gods and men; they are attached to existence, they revel in existence. When the Dhamma for the cessation of existence is being preached to them, their minds do not leap towards it, do not get pleased with it, do not get settled in it, do not find confidence in it. That is how, monks, some lag behind."
- It. p 43

User avatar
tiltbillings
Posts: 23044
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:25 am

Re: Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance an

Post by tiltbillings » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:45 pm

purple planet wrote:Sorry i didnt want to reply at all - did it in a unmindful moment - but i guess everytime i am in the lounge area i am unmindful

Again i really dont want to reply - i know its an annoying statement lol its just i read the article - and felt i need to say something

but just as a fact obama has huge connection to islam - he talks to iran today - there are now "peace talks" between israel and arabs talks which are with his support - libiya - gadafi , iraq , afghanistan , pakistan ,egypet ,syria ... - every American president has something to do with islam
Shinning ignorance.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723

User avatar
Modus.Ponens
Posts: 2748
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:38 am
Location: Gallifrey

Re: Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance an

Post by Modus.Ponens » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:46 pm

No. Those talks are to protect your country, which is of unvaluable military strategic importance to erase the middle east, the day the US sees it's needed, and to get oil in a crisis situation. Of course nobody wants a full scale war. That's why there is all this diplomatic effort.
"He turns his mind away from those phenomena and, having done so, inclines his mind to the property of deathlessness: 'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' " - Jhana Sutta

User avatar
tiltbillings
Posts: 23044
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:25 am

Re: Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance an

Post by tiltbillings » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:47 pm

Modus.Ponens wrote:I was about to criticise you, but then I saw you are from Israel. Take it from someone who neither lives in paranoic fear of islam (which is understandable from an Israeli national) but who knows what the religion is: Obama has n-o-t-h-i-n-g to do with islam. He is a bad president, but not because of any of that. But at least he's not a lizard!
George W. Bush was a bad president.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723

User avatar
Modus.Ponens
Posts: 2748
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:38 am
Location: Gallifrey

Re: Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance an

Post by Modus.Ponens » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:02 pm

tiltbillings wrote:
Modus.Ponens wrote:I was about to criticise you, but then I saw you are from Israel. Take it from someone who neither lives in paranoic fear of islam (which is understandable from an Israeli national) but who knows what the religion is: Obama has n-o-t-h-i-n-g to do with islam. He is a bad president, but not because of any of that. But at least he's not a lizard!
George W. Bush was a bad president.
Yes. Worse.

But I, as a proud socialist (in the modern/nordic sense of the word), am very disapointed, to say the least, with the aledged socialism of Obama. I know he is facing opposition by a group of intractable numbskuls, but he could do better.
"He turns his mind away from those phenomena and, having done so, inclines his mind to the property of deathlessness: 'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' " - Jhana Sutta

User avatar
purple planet
Posts: 653
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:07 am
Location: Israel

Re: Haters Holding US Hostage Embraced Denial, Resistance an

Post by purple planet » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:18 pm

but just as a fact obama has huge connection to islam - he talks to iran today - there are now "peace talks" between israel and arabs talks which are with his support - libiya - gadafi , iraq , afghanistan , pakistan ,egypet ,syria ... - every American president has something to do with islam
i dont put an opinion as i said i wont get into disccusion - just said that in the peace talks islam has a connection to them and the u.s president has like it has in all of the countrys i menitioned - i didnt put an opinion at all im just trying to show that the u.s and its president have a connection to islam - again not saying bad or good just the fact that there is a strong connection - this is a fact - this is not my personal opinion - when i say his support i meant to emphasis his involved and i would give exmaples to all other countrys but was lazy to do so

so again - didnt say anything to disscussion just to make the point that obama is connected to islam like all u.s presidents (not saying if his muslim or not)

Shinning ignorance.
Thats harsh speech - i thought you are quite advanced in the path at least more then me - how does this seat with right speech ?
Please send merit to my dog named Mika who has passed away - thanks in advance

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 50 guests