where to ordain with mental sickness

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
Gena1480

where to ordain with mental sickness

Post by Gena1480 »

Hello can someone help
me find temple that ordains
people with mental sickness
i was rejected by wat nana chat
Gena1480

Re: where to ordain with mental sickness

Post by Gena1480 »

Hello to all
my full name is Gennadiy
i'm male
i was diagnosed with mental disorder
about 8 years ago
i take an injection once every month for my treatment
i would like to ordain and be able to go to the doctor every month to take injection
i chant everyday in the teaching of ajahn lee Dhammadharo
if anyone can point me at right direction
i would be thankful.

[MODERATOR NOTE: Redacted to remove sensitive personal information]
reflection

Post by reflection »

Not many people are going to know monastery regulations on things like this because it is not quite common. It's not something you usually ask or know about. I think it is better you approach different monasteries and ask for the possibilities. They probably have no set-in-stone regulations for it anyway.

Wish you all the best and hope you find a nice place.
lotus flower

Post by lotus flower »

Dear Gena!

I suggest you make e-mail contacts with some monasteries and write about you would like live as a bhikkhu, you have an illness. and write about your illness. maybe you will find a monastery what will be right for you and maybe you will find bhikkhus who accept your ill. don't forget. the most important thing is what is in your heart. don't lose the hope! GOOD LUCK! Metta :buddha1: :hug:
We found the teaching of the Buddha. Be grateful for it... We can meditate... Be grateful for it... We know that this universe is the samsara. Be grateful for it... We have THE CHANCE TO ATTAIN NIBBANA. Be grateful for it... :buddha1: :buddha2:
arohi

Post by arohi »

I ask this question as over the past twelve months I have been seriously considering ordaining. However I have parents who are financially not well off and although not dependent upon me at the moment, I am conflicted between my concern for their future welfare and my wish to ordain which they have expressed their support for in the past.
Still Searching

Post by Still Searching »

It depends which country you're in and what your conditions are.

If you're schizophrenic or bi-polar, the chances are small as some schizophrenics or bi-polar people can be aggressive. Not on purpose, obviously but the rejection is for the safety of other Buddhists.

Depression & anxiety is not an issue because meditation can help these conditions.

A temple or monastery close to your hometown or doctor's office would be the best solution. Or talk to your doctor, he/she will tell you if you can survive the journey.
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~ Siddhārtha, Gautama Buddha
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

arohi wrote:I ask this question as over the past twelve months I have been seriously considering ordaining. However I have parents who are financially not well off and although not dependent upon me at the moment, I am conflicted between my concern for their future welfare and my wish to ordain which they have expressed their support for in the past.
Hi,

Your post is a.) unrelated to the topic of this thread, and b.) doesn't have any question marks...perhaps start a new thread and you can receive more of a response...