Producing one of the 4 noble fruits is possible

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Tachibana

Re: Producing one of the 4 noble fruits is possible

Post by Tachibana »

Ok so if nobody here believes me (or at least is not sure if what I'm saying is true or not) then I let the admin delete this topic.

Please enjoy your wrong practice and your bad kammic effects that results from insulting an Ariyaa (the Buddha also used sarcasm so you can't blame me for this).

With Karunaa
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Tachibana wrote:

Could we end up with this now ?
Of course, but I must say that at best what you are presenting is highly idiosyncratic. You are asking us to believe you are ariya, which is not at all a small thing. As of yet, I see no reason whatsoever to believe you. I can be believe that you have convinced yourself of such, but that it about it. As Chogyam Trungpa was wont to say: Good luck to you, sir.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor »

Finally you're making some sense, Tachibana!!!
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

lyndon taylor wrote:Finally you're making some sense, Tachibana!!!
Huh?
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
manas

Post by manas »

Tachibana wrote: Please enjoy your wrong practice and your bad kammic effects that results from insulting an Ariyaa (the Buddha also used sarcasm so you can't blame me for this).

With Karunaa
Tachibana, as you would know from your own experience with Dhamma instructors, monks, etc (which I can only assume you must have had), sometimes sharp words are needed to cut through someone's misapprehension. These words might not be pleasing to the ear, but they could be motivated by compassion nonetheless. A few here have challenged you on a few points, not to insult you, but because misapprehending oneself as having attained ariya, when one actually has not, could have the potential to inhibit one's genuine advancement, so I've heard. Please seek out a Monk or Nun of wisdom and experience, and share what you have gone through, along with your present state, with him or her. I think we all agree with the title of your topic - that the Noble attainments are possible. But if one imagined themselves to be ariya, while actually not being so, can you see how that could inhibit actual progress in the Dhamma? Doesn't it concern you that about half a dozen experienced Dhamma practitioners (one of whom, I suspect, was practicing Buddhism from before when you were born), have cast doubt on the validity of your claim? It is for your own sake that folks have done this, not for the sake of insulting.

with metta
manas
:anjali:
To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.