Hello from norway!!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
yasodhara

Hello from norway!!

Post by yasodhara »

Hi :namaste:

I am Ann from norway, beeing a buddhist for many years now, but i don`t know other norweagian buddhist around here, i know only thaiwomen as buddhists here, most of them live ca.2 hours from here, so when there is celebration or ceremony i go with them, only me norweagian then..
I hope to learn more about pali and theravada buddhism here ;)

Mettaya
Ann
Ben

Re: Hello!!

Post by Ben »

Welcome Ann!
Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.
We have a few Scandanavian members here.
Metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Hello from norway!!

Post by DNS »

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

Good screen-name!

:buddha2:
shjohnk

Post by shjohnk »

Hi Yasodhara,

Welcome! I only recently discovered this site and have already gained alot from it, sure you will too! You probably already know this, but one of the senior monks at Bodhinyana monastery in Western Australia, home of Ajahn Brahmavamso, is a Norwegian: Ajahn Brahmali. I have listened to all his uploaded Dhamma talks and find them exceptionally good - He really impresses me with his knowledge and understanding of the Dhamma (not to mention his astoundingly good English). I know he paid a visit to norway recently and did some talks there. So, this would seem to indicate that there are some good theravada groups operating in Norway. Maybe someone on 'Dhamma wheel' will be able to point you in the right direction of one?

John
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Hi
Welcome to the forum
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Kare

Post by Kare »

yasodhara wrote:Hi :namaste:

I am Ann from norway, beeing a buddhist for many years now, but i don`t know other norweagian buddhist around here, i know only thaiwomen as buddhists here, most of them live ca.2 hours from here, so when there is celebration or ceremony i go with them, only me norweagian then..
I hope to learn more about pali and theravada buddhism here ;)

Mettaya
Ann
Hello Ann!

Hyggelig å se andre norske her!

We have a Norwegian Buddhist Forum here: http://dhammanor.informe.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone who understands Norwegian is welcome there!
Mettāya,
Kåre