Just to introduce myself

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
rick

Just to introduce myself

Post by rick »

My name is Rick, married, retired, a gaggle of grandkids and a great-grandson, 66 years young. Live in a small town in Montana, have been a practicing Buddhist for two years, follow the Mahayana tradition. However, have had the good fortune to have been able to have the Pali Canon in my studies, and has been extremely insightful and helpful. Being from such a small town, I've had no access to a spiritual teacher, and all that I've learned and studied has been on my own, hence when I had a question about the Pali Canon, I was directed to your website, and you all have been very helpful. Shall continue to follow and study Buddhism on my own apparently, but that is ok, feel that if one takes the proper time one's goal is accomplished. Also feel no hesitancy to study Theravada teachings of Buddhism, as I have been told on other sites to shy away from these teachings. I don't accept that, I see enough of that type of infighting amongst Christian sects that I have broken with. Thanks so much for your time, your kindness, and your patience.---In Peace----Rick
Nicholas Weeks

Re: Just to introduce myself

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Welcome Rick, glad to see you made it here. :)
Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Rick,

Thanks for introducing yourself... nice to see you here Rick.

My experience is that an online community of spiritual friends (kalyana-mitta - apologies if I spelt that wrong!) is invaluable for a Buddhist without a teacher. Hopefully we can be of mutual assistance to each other.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
rick

Post by rick »

Thanks retro, alays open to any and all help with Buddhism and anything which will enhance my practice.--Rick ;)