NBA Playoffs

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
BlackBird

NBA Playoffs

Post by BlackBird »

Anyone up on the NBA?

My team the Grizzlies just got knocked out. It was hard to watch, but I'm taking solace in the fact I watched them go 4-2 against the Spurs just two years ago. Now my hopes are for the other blue collar team still in it, the Indiana Pacers.

Game 4 today against the Heat. Heat have their big 3 in Lebron, Dwade & Bosh. Indiana have a bigger 3 imo in Hibbert, DWest & Paul George. For Miami, the biggest factor is how much gas Dwayne Wade's got in the tank. There's no doubt Miami have one of the deepest benches of any team in the league, but Indy's offense is just as dynamic, and they've right up there with the Grizz in terms of defence. At least when they don't sub Hibbert out in the closing stretch.

Quite excited about todays game. Will have to get a good sit in first to make sure I don't get too involved :)
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Path Press - Ñāṇavīra Thera Dhamma Page - Ajahn Nyanamoli's Dhamma talks
DNS
Site Admin

Re: NBA Playoffs

Post by DNS »

I'm pulling for San Antonio who has already made a place to the finals, but that's only because my team, the Lakers were kicked out some time ago and I'm from Texas, sort of (alma maters are there).

:guns:
kmath

Post by kmath »

I've always been an LBJ fan so tonight was kind of heartbreaking. You got to hand it to the Pacers though. They showed a lot of heart tonight pulling that one out. And frankly if it wasn't for that blown shot clock violation call, I don't think the Heat would have gotten back in it. That said, it hurt missing Bosh for most of the second half. Great game. Can't wait til the next one!
kmath

Post by kmath »

I've always been an LBJ fan so tonight was kind of heartbreaking. You got to hand it to the Pacers though. They showed a lot of heart tonight pulling that one out. And frankly if it wasn't for that blown shot clock violation call, I don't think the Heat would have gotten back in it. That said, it hurt missing Bosh for most of the second half. Great game. Can't wait til the next one!
BlackBird

Post by BlackBird »

What a great game it was. Tied up at 6 minutes to play. Tied up at 3 minutes to play. Close right up until the last 40 seconds. Pacers deserved to win, would have been awesome to have watched it in the arena.

(I support the Lakers too David. Kobe's injury really did us in. It's a shame since the line up had so much potential. Although I think Dwight Howard deserves a lot less than a max contract, heck I think he's well past his prime, but next season will tell... If he doesn't ship off to Houston that is.)
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Path Press - Ñāṇavīra Thera Dhamma Page - Ajahn Nyanamoli's Dhamma talks