Nebraska Meditation Masters

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
Zimesky

Nebraska Meditation Masters

Post by Zimesky »

Hello all! I hope everyone is doing well. I have a question, much related to the title of the post. I'm from Nebraska,we have a few Buddhist communities but I just don't feel like they are what I'm looking for. My first introduction to what I think is real cultivation material was from Master Nan Huai Jin. I've also recently discovered the Thai Forest Tradition. I've been reading Ajaan Mun's biography and books written one of his disciples, Ajaan Maha Boowa. It always seems like these incredible masters have passed on by the time I find out about them though... Does anyone know of a living teacher in Nebraska, or even the U.S that's able to teach this kind of material?
tiltbillings

Re: Nebraska Meditation Masters

Post by tiltbillings »

>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723