Meal Replacement shakes

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Alex123

Re: Meal Replacement shakes

Post by Alex123 »

cooran wrote:Hello all,
Has anyone had any experience with the Meal Replacement shakes?
I typically take whey protein shake after working out. I prefer to eat real food.
cooran wrote: Any hints for staying with them over a long term?
Real food is healthier and with real food you can avoid sugar, aspartame, and other similar additives for flavor.
cooran wrote: What are the pluses and what are the minuses?
Pluses: convenience, especially after workouts. Also if you don't have time to eat, meal-replacement-shakes can help if time is an issue.
Minus: What additives are used for taste?
cooran wrote: I’m thinking of using meal replacements to lose a little weight before a family function next April.
It is better to eat real food. Avoid sugars, processed foods, trans fats, bread. This is good start.
sattva

Post by sattva »

Thanks! I am checking out these links. Both the nephrologist and the nutritionist suggest I add more protein to my diet.
:anjali:
http://www.chatzy.com/25904628501622
cooran

Post by cooran »

Hello all,

Thanks for all you posts in this thread - much food for thought.

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

One more for you, Chris: a friend of mine has a shake for breakfast each day and normal meals for the rest of the day, which she says helps her keep her weight under control and the routine isn't at all difficult to maintain. She reckons the coffee flavour is best.

Good luck :toast:

Kim
alan

Post by alan »

Whey concentrate is the best. I use Jarrow brand.
Typically, I'll have a drink of that with some coconut oil, then go do some Yoga and run, then wait awhile before having breakfast.
I also use it after lifting weights.
Don't think of it as a meal replacement, however. You should be eating small meals every 3 hours or so, making sure to avoid all sugars and simple carbs like rice and bread. Make sure to include lots of veggies.

Best way to lose weight is to lift weights. More muscle, less fat. Good for you!

I've spent a lot of time researching this subject. If you want to know more, message me.
Alex123

Post by Alex123 »

A good thing to do is to blend greens and drink green smoothies (with minimum fruit for taste) for meals as much as you need to satiate hunger. Low calories.