spell check?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
andrewuk

spell check?

Post by andrewuk »

Hi,

I have just started posting in this forum even though I joined a while ago..

Could anyone tell me if there is a spell check function in this forum and where can I find it? :smile:

I'm not that bright so please bear with me!

Thanks in advance.

Andrew :anjali:
Meditate, don't be negligent, lest you may later regret it!
Cittasanto

Re: spell check?

Post by Cittasanto »

Hi Andrew and nice to meet you here!

I don't think there is a spell check but depending on the explorer you use you can download add-ons and accessories which allow you to check the spelling
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
andrewuk

Post by andrewuk »

Hello Manapa,

Nice to see you here too! I visited your website and your story about your feline friend caught my eyes!

Thanks for the reply. I'm using firefox. I'm trying to see how and where I can add add-on..

Being a computer and technology illiterate, I'll probably ask a neighbour or a friend!

With metta,

Andrew
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

I use to have firefox, it is called add on with that browser, I think if the look in the tool section you should find it
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

andrewuk wrote: I'm using firefox.
Hi Andrew,

If you are using Firefox, it is automatic. Just type something incorrectly and you will see a squiggly line under the word. That means it is misspelled. Or it could mean it is a foreign language (such as Pali) which Firefox doesn't recognize.

edit: You can also edit the misspelled word with Firefox by right clicking on the word and seeing the suggestions offered by Firefox.
andrewuk

Post by andrewuk »

Hello David and Manapa,

Thank you so much for your help.

In the end I figured out how to download the add on and it's working now.

Thanks again!

Andrew
jcsuperstar

Post by jcsuperstar »

i asked for a spell check when this place first started...i'm still waiting... :coffee: :computerproblem:
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat