New kid's toy coming out: It gives you telekinesis.

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Individual

New kid's toy coming out: It gives you telekinesis.

Post by Individual »

Okay, so not REALLY telekinesis, but close enough.

Mattel demonstrated the toy at a recent toy company conference. It's coming out this year, sometime between next month and Christmas.

It's called MindFlex and it measures theta-waves in your brain, to power a fan, which causes a foam ball to hover, higher or lower depending on how much you're concentrating. It's pretty neat, but it's gonna cost about $100.

Here's a picture:

Here's a video demonstration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6RCACuNEbY&feature=fvst" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And their website (nothing on there yet, though):
http://www.mindflexgames.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Are we going to see more post-modern peripherals like this? You know... No more remote control for the TV, no more keyboard & mouse, car keys, light switches or even a clapper... Everything in the future will use WIRELESS electricity and be controlled by voice-activation, spatial recognition software recognizing your movements, and miniature EEG machines that utilize the power of thought itself!
Last edited by Individual on Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The best things in life aren't things.

The Diamond Sutra
retrofuturist

Re: New kid's toy coming out: It gives you telekinesis.

Post by retrofuturist »

I'd love to see a monk meditating in the formless jhanas using it!

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Ben

Post by Ben »

Its probably already causing Madame Blavatsky to roll in her grave!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Ben wrote:Its probably already causing Madame Blavatsky to roll in her grave!
What makes you think she is still in her grave?
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
Ben

Post by Ben »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:
Ben wrote:Its probably already causing Madame Blavatsky to roll in her grave!
What makes you think she is still in her grave?
I beg your pardon, Bhante. Its just an expression, and a joke.
I don't actually believe the being that was Madame Blavatsky is somehow stuck in or with her disintegrating corpse.
The reason I said that was because I remember many years ago seeing a huge volume of blue books on different aspects of the occult written by her and published by the Theosophical Society.
As a young 19-year-old I took home and read her book 'On Telepathy'. I'm pretty sure there was also a work on Telekinesis.
Kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..