Congratulations to Americans

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
David2

Congratulations to Americans

Post by David2 »

Obama is reelected as president for 4 more years, that's indeed good news for the US and the world. :)
Polar Bear

Re: Congratulations to Americans

Post by Polar Bear »

I voted for the Green Party so it was bad news for me no matter what.
"I don't envision a single thing that, when developed & cultivated, leads to such great benefit as the mind. The mind, when developed & cultivated, leads to great benefit."

"I don't envision a single thing that, when undeveloped & uncultivated, brings about such suffering & stress as the mind. The mind, when undeveloped & uncultivated, brings about suffering & stress."
LonesomeYogurt

Post by LonesomeYogurt »

Let's hope he gets his nasty addiction to illegal drone strikes under control.
Gain and loss, status and disgrace,
censure and praise, pleasure and pain:
these conditions among human beings are inconstant,
impermanent, subject to change.

Knowing this, the wise person, mindful,
ponders these changing conditions.
Desirable things don’t charm the mind,
undesirable ones bring no resistance.

His welcoming and rebelling are scattered,
gone to their end,
do not exist.
- Lokavipatti Sutta

Stuff I write about things.
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

David2 wrote:Obama is reelected as president for 4 more years, that's indeed good news for the US and the world. :)
Yep! Huge sighs of relief here.
:toast:

Kim
nibbuti

Post by nibbuti »

If the pattern continues, the next president will be a war monger again, for one or two periods naturally, and another reconciler after him to restore America's image in the world and within, and so on.

:popcorn:
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

polarbuddha101 wrote:I voted for the Green Party so it was bad news for me no matter what.
Every vote for the Greens nudges the major parties a tiny step towards Green policies - just as, unfortunately, every Tea Party fundraiser nudges the Republicans a bit further to the right. The only Green vote that is truly wasted would be one that gave an election to the Republican candidate ahead of the Democrat.

I'm translating the Australian experience to US terms here, in case you hadn't guessed. Details differ but the logic is much the same.

Keep on trying to make a difference!
:group:

Kim
Yana

Post by Yana »

Obama and First Dog Bo facing the world together! Big job to do Now Mr.President!Yes we can! Woof! :candle:
Attachments
mm.jpg
mm.jpg (130.2 KiB) Viewed 4316 times
Life is preparing for Death
purple planet

Post by purple planet »

Im trying to keep away from the lounge area but my monkey brain has no control

i think its a very bad thing obama won and not romney -

obama destroyed the middle east - the american army is still in afganistan - the arab world is being destroyed in war and being controled by the "arab spring" = radical islam

obama stabed his ally mobrak in the back and helped the revolution in egypt which everybody knew would lead to islamic control which allready is breaking the peace treaty with israel and helping hamas - its just a matter of time to war

thousands are killed in syria - what did the noble prize winner do to help them ?

israel is thertaning to bomb iran as a way to scare her to prevent war - this effort to prevent war and a nuclear bomb was reduced drasticly by obama - and that is while he was restricted by his republican congress - which i dont want to think what he would do if he didnt have restriction

if they would think about it and read on the subject people would learn that to be hard on iran means to prevent a war and if you are "soft" you are helping them and bringing a war and a big one - once iran hace a nuclear bomb its going to attack - no doubt lots of countrys - iraq , israel , saudia arbia , us bases ect ect ... and because iran supports terrorists all over the world it will be less afraid to increase founding to lots of terrorsits all over the world which kill lots of places in africa for example but people dont connect it to iran

he blamed the teror attack on benghazi on a youtube video

if anyone is a
war monger
its barack obama - he just dosnt say so up front - a big war is just a matter of time because of him - just like Neville Chamberlain didnt prevent ww2 but helped it - but obama didnt only not do nothing he also prevented from good forces in the muslim world to do good and helped the radical islam - instead of helping israel he crushed it ect ect....

i probobly wont read the replys if my practice would get better - i just lost my mindfulness when i found out obama won - (i have a long way)
BubbaBuddhist

Post by BubbaBuddhist »

I wasn't particularly interested in who won the election. I'm not sure it makes a difference anymore who's in office. Historical forces play out regardless. However, I'm delighted that the political bickering on my Facebook has subsided and can go back to its normal innocuously inane postings of what our digestive tracts are currently ruminating, what point of the bipolar spectrum we're presently navigating, what cute shenanigans our pets/spousi/offspring are up to, our hobbies, interests and speculations, favorite (mis)quotes from history's greatest--and sometimes lamest--philosophers, the "hey-I-got-a-gig!" posts from my showbiz friends who are happy as hell the economy finally improved and they didn't have to get an honest job after all, and other updates documenting the minutiae of our daily grind.

*Insert sigh of relief.*

BB
Author of Redneck Buddhism: or Will You Reincarnate as Your Own Cousin?
Mal

Post by Mal »

LonesomeYogurt wrote:Let's hope he gets his nasty addiction to illegal drone strikes under control.
The BBC said only European "democrats" were against these, in general, US democrats & floaters support them. Does Obama really support them, or is he addicted to "getting the vote by any means"? Nice to see at least one American against this indiscriminate form of aggression!
LonesomeYogurt

Post by LonesomeYogurt »

Mal wrote:The BBC said only European "democrats" were against these, in general, US democrats & floaters support them. Does Obama really support them, or is he addicted to "getting the vote by any means"? Nice to see at least one American against this indiscriminate form of aggression!
I can't really judge if he supports them in any existential way, but he's certainly not adverse to using them, even to kill American citizens.

I'm glad Romney is out because he seemed despicable but I am sincerely worried that the rising tide of new support for Obama will enable his Nobel-Peace-Prize-winning ass to continue killing indiscriminately.
Gain and loss, status and disgrace,
censure and praise, pleasure and pain:
these conditions among human beings are inconstant,
impermanent, subject to change.

Knowing this, the wise person, mindful,
ponders these changing conditions.
Desirable things don’t charm the mind,
undesirable ones bring no resistance.

His welcoming and rebelling are scattered,
gone to their end,
do not exist.
- Lokavipatti Sutta

Stuff I write about things.
Hickersonia

Post by Hickersonia »

I didn't vote... after going through the election process a couple of times now and seeing how, even when the candidates for which I vote are elected, nothing improves... well... lets just say politics tends to bring about afflictive emotions for me, so I stayed out of it this time around.

I just hope for the best, regardless.
Hickersonia
http://hickersonia.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of
throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned."
cooran

Post by cooran »

And for those Americans who said they would move to Australia if Obama was re-elected .... there is something you should know:

Australia has Universal Health Care,
Compulsory Voting,
No Guns,
No Death Penalty,
Pro-choice when it comes to Contraception,
Openly Gay Politicians and Judges,
Evolution is Taught in all Schools,
And our Female Prime Minister is an Unmarried Atheist.

Be sure to Declare Your Pitchforks at Tullamarine Airport

https://www.facebook.com/#!/fivecreative" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
BubbaBuddhist

Post by BubbaBuddhist »

I thought you had to steal a loaf of bread to move to Australia.

BB
I crack myself up
Author of Redneck Buddhism: or Will You Reincarnate as Your Own Cousin?
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

LonesomeYogurt wrote:
Mal wrote:The BBC said only European "democrats" were against these, in general, US democrats & floaters support them. Does Obama really support them, or is he addicted to "getting the vote by any means"? Nice to see at least one American against this indiscriminate form of aggression!
I can't really judge if he supports them in any existential way, but he's certainly not adverse to using them, even to kill American citizens.

I'm glad Romney is out because he seemed despicable but I am sincerely worried that the rising tide of new support for Obama will enable his Nobel-Peace-Prize-winning ass to continue killing indiscriminately.
Ummm ... I don't like to sound ageist, but are you and Purple Planet like, ah, really young? Or really old and having memory problems? Or perhaps you've just been fed too much codswallop lately?
Because what Obama has done in the war he inherited from a Republican president pales into insignificance against what Bush 1 did to the Iraqis in a war he engineered - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War and what Bush 2 did to them in a war he started - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War#C ... _estimates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Nearly all the individual American I've met - including here - are nice people with good values but really, American politics makes me :rolleye: and American media can make me :computerproblem:
Can I please just enjoy one of the rare bits of good news for a few days and celebrate the victory of the better (by far the better, IMO) of the two presidential candidates?

:namaste:
Kim
(edit: corrected typo :embarassed: )