The white man's burden, collective karma, Bodhisattva ideal

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Hanzze

Re: The white man's burden, collective karma, Bodhisattva ideal

Post by Hanzze »

ground wrote:
Hanzze wrote:As long as there is a surface there is a refelction. So I wonder why this refelect mirror still refelcts/reacts (even unsupported as told...).
"I" may wonder, a mirror does not. :sage:
Still it reacts.
ground wrote:
Hanzze wrote: How does it feel if one has gain such insight and is not able to help?
Nothing gained. Who wants to help and who is there to receive that help?
Unsupported intentions, I know. Just reminders and so helpful. As long as such ideas do not grow to a collective, I guess others can live good with such a mirror.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
ground

Post by ground »

Hanzze wrote:
ground wrote:
Hanzze wrote:As long as there is a surface there is a refelction. So I wonder why this refelect mirror still refelcts/reacts (even unsupported as told...).
"I" may wonder, a mirror does not. :sage:
Still it reacts.
There being neither activity nor effort. No agent.
Hanzze wrote:
ground wrote:
Hanzze wrote: How does it feel if one has gain such insight and is not able to help?
Nothing gained. Who wants to help and who is there to receive that help?
Unsupported intentions, I know. Just reminders and so helpful. As long as such ideas do not grow to a collective, I guess others can live good with such a mirror.
Nobody knows anything. Ideas arise and cease. :sage:
DAWN

Post by DAWN »

To Hanzze,

Actualy, wisdom and compassion, have a same nature, it's the same state. Like mirrow who is compationate and wise.

To ground,

It's true that you say, that there is no annica, no dukkha, no-self. But, if we take exemple of my militant behavour, do i made the choice to be an militant? Do i suffer?
Like somebody who can contemplain his life, askig : "Friend whay do you try to help, to do somethink, to change something?". So the other reply : "There is conditions to that, so it have to be done, so i contemply it?"

Actualy, the comassionastest and wisest action of NO-ACTION, of corse, can be tradused by body, but for me this compassion/wisdom have more "internal" application. :meditate:
Anyway both is possible, we have just to Ordain. :candle: :buddha1: :candle:
Sabbe dhamma anatta
We are not concurents...
I'am sorry for my english