Good resourse for the 32parts of the body meditation

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
Cittasanto

Good resourse for the 32parts of the body meditation

Post by Cittasanto »

Just a link, but there are images and instructions on the thirty-two parts of the body meditation here
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Good resourse for the 32parts of the body meditation

Post by DNS »

That's a pretty good site. Although the "head hair" looked pretty good; the rest are good photos for reflecting on the impermanent and less attractive side to the body.
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

Great work this page, thanks for sharing!
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

David N. Snyder wrote:That's a pretty good site. Although the "head hair" looked pretty good; the rest are good photos for reflecting on the impermanent and less attractive side to the body.
yeah, I quite enjoyed the images! the only one that I could see that isn't a photo is the diaphragm, but I can not recall ever seeing a diaphragm photo before?

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... worker.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

maybe that helps
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
mynameisadahn

Post by mynameisadahn »

Wow. I find the 32 parts meditation to be very interesting. I've only tried something similar once (the four elements meditation that groups aspects of the body by elements), but found it almost nauseating!! I suppose I have a weak stomach and just don't like to think about what is actually, physically there!

Cittosanto - do you commonly do the 32 parts meditation?
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

mynameisadahn wrote:Wow. I find the 32 parts meditation to be very interesting. I've only tried something similar once (the four elements meditation that groups aspects of the body by elements), but found it almost nauseating!! I suppose I have a weak stomach and just don't like to think about what is actually, physically there!

Cittosanto - do you commonly do the 32 parts meditation?
I used to do it regularly, and am starting to do it more/remember what I used to do

one of its side effects is revulsion as it is a Paṭikkūlamanasikāra (contemplation on impurity).

John Stuart Mill
Kamran

Post by Kamran »

Thanks for the http://www.32parts.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; link. Below website is also a good resource.

http://www.arrowriver.ca/dhamma/body.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;